Off topic watch chat for the horologists out there

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by left4dead »

roy mawbey wrote:The watch looks just fine, no problem at all.

Roy
I agree, but your hand, you're right - it's huge!! :wink: :lol:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
sladey

Post by sladey »

Bootsy wrote: I'ver had a new arrival but haven't had a chance to take any pics yet!
Watch or baby?
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

sladey wrote:
Bootsy wrote: I'ver had a new arrival but haven't had a chance to take any pics yet!
Watch or baby?
Watch, no sign of Baby Bootsy just yet!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
pb911
DDK slapper chatter

Post by pb911 »

Just changing tack does a martini liveried nato strap exist - ie the porsche martini colours on a nato strap ?

I love my nato strap on my old speedmaster but gulf or martini colours would be great

thanks , paul
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

pb911 wrote:Just changing tack does a martini liveried nato strap exist - ie the porsche martini colours on a nato strap ?

I love my nato strap on my old speedmaster but gulf or martini colours would be great

thanks , paul
See towards bottom of page two 8)
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

so when can we expect a special limited edition DDK watch? :P

i've been wondering what all the fuzz is about but, then remembered that i own 5 watches myself. although i have never paid more than £30 for any of mine.

the orange one is a (proberly fake) Porsche one i got from ebay.
the black one if a freebie from Boots :lol:
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Helen wrote:

i've been wondering what all the fuzz :lol:
me too, I prefer clean or Brazilian :shock:

it's difficult to quantify an obsession with watches but when it gets you, it gets you bad!

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

left4dead wrote:
roy mawbey wrote:The watch looks just fine, no problem at all.

Roy
I agree, but your hand, you're right - it's huge!! :wink: :lol:
10.5" span (little finger tip to thumb tip) at full stretch.. my grans comment when I was born was along the lines "look at those hands and feet! if he were a puppy you wouldn't take him home.."

there is a company called timefactors ( clicky ) who make NATO straps. they made them for a limited bond sub re-issue and can do most colours.. they even do the "bond nato" strap with an additional orange pin-stripe inside the grey lines which might make a nice basis for a DDK watch :lol:

not sure if they do martini/gulf colours, but they do customs so you might be able to get one made up if you can't source via page 2!..
JAN
DDK above all

Post by JAN »

Bootsy wrote:
Helen wrote:

it's difficult to quantify an obsession with watches but when it gets you, it gets you bad!
Just the same as old clapped out underperforming cars eh? :wink:
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

JAN wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
Helen wrote:

Just the same as old clapped out underperforming cars eh? :wink:
you got it!

pb911
DDK slapper chatter

Post by pb911 »

there is a company called timefactors ( clicky ) who make NATO straps. they made them for a limited bond sub re-issue and can do most colours.. they even do the "bond nato" strap with an additional orange pin-stripe inside the grey lines which might make a nice basis for a DDK watch :lol:

not sure if they do martini/gulf colours, but they do customs so you might be able to get one made up if you can't source via page 2!..[/quote]

thanks , I have the bond nato so maybe will email and see what they say re martini livery

thanks

paul
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

pb911 wrote:Just changing tack does a martini liveried nato strap exist - ie the porsche martini colours on a nato strap ?

thanks , paul
These are available in 18mm size.

Andy102
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Andy102 »

Bootsy wrote: Andy, box came from Ebay. Lots of sellers on there but you get what you pay for. The cheaper stuff have poor noisy motors, ask how I know!
So how do you know?

I like the Dulwich watch box at the moment. It has a control panel with three settings, how cool. (I know i need help) :roll:
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Andy102 wrote:
Bootsy wrote: Andy, box came from Ebay. Lots of sellers on there but you get what you pay for. The cheaper stuff have poor noisy motors, ask how I know!
So how do you know?

I like the Dulwich watch box at the moment. It has a control panel with three settings, how cool. (I know i need help) :roll:
Bit of a lottery I'm afraid.

Mine had 3 control settings etc. and so far looks good - it's quieter than my other and hasn;t fallen to bits (my other one did after about 18 months and I took it to bits and rebuilt it.)

I haven't taken the new one to bits though. It was on Ebay for £150 ish and I ended up paying about £70 (it was a second with a small mark on the inside (not that you could see it))

I've heard stories of the really expensive ones faling to bits after a few months so it is a bit of guesstamation I'm afraid.

Luke
DDK rules my life!

Post by Luke »

I ahve a 6 watch "Van Gough" from here:

http://www.officialtime.org/p_winder.asp#

Has been running with no issues for about 3 years. Practically silent, seperate motor for each watch (no point in spinning a manual watch) with clockwise/anticlockwise/both ways rotation. Very nice quality too
Porscheless but still aircooled