So, who is Onassis Porsches?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

So, who is Onassis Porsches?

Post by KS »

http://www.onassisporsches.com

On Facebook talking of shipping Chris Jury's car to the USA(?)... Who, what, where, why? Have I been missing something?
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
964RS

Re: So, who is Onassis Porsches?

Post by 964RS »

Oh oh....Mr Jury will have to come clean now lol!!
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Just do it!
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

KS wrote:... Who, what, where, why? Have I been missing something?
I know....

But I'm not saying!
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

Darren65 wrote:Just do it!
:lol: :lol: :wink:
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Seem to be big on Instagram. Very good at making DDK knockoff stylee engine lid badges !
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

"Tom // head of Onassis Porsches Agency

Born in 1980, Porsche. Nirvana and Skateboards as religion, raised on seaside in VW camper van with an old school windsurf dad.

Restless creative nerd, loves details no matter if they are useful or useless. Connects people by their passion. Impossible is nothing.
1961 356 BT5"

Oh dear, oh dear!
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
rvzz
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rvzz »

Mick Cliff wrote:
KS wrote:... Who, what, where, why? Have I been missing something?
I know....

But I'm not saying!
So do I ,... Saying nowt :wink:
Russ...

'73E 3.0

Clean living under difficult circumstances
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Bruce M »

I'm guessing they don't own a razor...... Am I right? :)
murph2309
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by murph2309 »

Me n'all - sayin nuttin
1971 2.2 S Targa viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37364
1978 3.0 SC Coupe
1970 VW Type 2 viewtopic.php?f=43&t=62339&p
samcro
DDK addict

Post by samcro »

check out there website
KS

Post by KS »

I have - just trying to rattle Mr Jury's cage! :lol:
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

So where do I begin.....

....with probably some bits missing.....

Onassis Porsche - Tom

I met Tom online about 2 years ago. It was late one night and I was looking for some stuff on hotrod Porsches in Germany. An image of a 356 directed me to Tom's blog page, so I sent an email along with some pictures of my cars. He explained in broken English that he was a guy who loves old Porsches and wanted to start a business related to them, he offered to buy my red car and had seen my Grey car (Modrod) on DDK, and had been trying to get in touch me. He explained afew ideas he had, which I replied back in broken German, and that was that. Afew weeks later he replied to my work (adidas) address and asked if I was in a creative position and if I could help out with some logo/graphic ideas...I had a lazy afternoon so created some stuff for him. Tom had some stickers and T-shirts made up and posted them around social media...fast forward 2 years and he has created a small 'network' of people and beginning to slowly create a, for want of a better word, 'brand', ....haters gonna hate, but fair play to him, he is doing something he likes doing. About 6 months ago I posted on Facebook about the Modrod, Tom got in touch and said that if I needed some help getting the Modrod sorted just let him know..." we know some people " he said.....but I had afew big decisions regarding work and the future, so cars were the last thing on my mind......Thats about all I know for now, just that he is a nice guy and I wish him all the luck. He has the first Onassis get together planned for the same week as techno classica Essen.....more to come :wink:

http://www.onassisporsches.com/

So the next part of the jigsaw - Daniel Schaefer

Daniels car came onto the 'scene' afew months ago.....Wow!!!

http://heckmotor-sportwagen.blogspot.de ... aefer.html

Not bad looking I think you'll agree, but to be honest I took it just as that, just another cool SWB hotrod. However over the last few weeks I have pieced afew bits of the Jigsaw together. Daniel Schaefer is the son of Karl Schaefer, owner of :

http://www.classicboxers.de/

Karl is a old school 911 racer and set up his business in the mid 80's. Daniel has worked with his father since he was 16...and yes he does have a beard. So how does this relate to the Modrod ? The Modrod is finished, to point that I can do no more. There was a plan to give it to a local guy to get it setup and registered, a respected porsche guy in Germany...I won't go into details but it just hasn't worked out. So there is me looking at Daniels Schaefer's car online...a 912...modified...a 911 engine...hand built stuff... Hmmm. I had seen Daniels car on Onassis' facebook page:

Me "Hi Tom hows it going? Have you heard of Daniel Schaefer ?"
Tom "Yeah he's a friend of mine. Why?"
Me ""Who built his car ?"
Tom ""Daniel did !! Remember 6 months ago when I said we know people?"
Me "We need to talk"

Turns out that Daniel and Tom are old friends and are both into the whole Onassis thing together. Long story short, the ModRod is being collected next week and will be delivered to Daniel (Classic Boxers), I will travel up to Dussledorf the next day and spend 2 days going through everything. The brief is to make the car work properly and get it registered and TUV'd.....Fingers crossed I will go up to Essen and pick up the car en-route for the first Onassis event :)

In addition Daniel is a photographer and the guy behind:

http://heckmotor-sportwagen.blogspot.de/

Heckmotor Sportwagen....abit Petrolicious, abit cool online Porsche related site. Daniel will sort the Modrod out if I let him photograph and tell the story......Oh' go on then :)

His car again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYHqIMz8qI

What else ???? O'yeah...I (and my family) am moving to the USA ! Well back to the USA . We lived in Portland Oregon 2005-2008 whilst working for adidas.....both my cars were bought whilst living there.

Well......I resigned from adidas afew weeks ago, I was offered something amazing (amazing in my world) by Nike and the timing was right. I won't bore you with the details, but I am very very very excited to make the move to Nike. My wife will continue with adidas, she actually has the grown-up job....I always get reminded I just colour-in stuff :) My kids, who were born in Portland, are very excited too and are currently in charge of finding a new house....Double garage please girls ! :) It is as much about the Job as it is about the life we can have back in Portland....Germany is ok, but it has got to the point where we all realise something is missing.

Alot to go through, Alot of paperwork, Alot of arguments.....but all will be good in the end !

So I have abit of time on my hands at the moment, I can't start work with Nike until January 2016 ! but I'm using the time constructively, House time 7am-8am, and then into the Garage :)

Needless to say the cars will be coming / going back to the USA....the ModRod has picked up a good few miles without actually driving anywhere :)

Let the adventure continue.....

ONWARDS !

Cheers
Chris
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Any chance whilst you have time you can pop over to the UK? Rich needs some help with some thing called polishing
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk