Cool... 8)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
nickT
DDK forever

Re: Julien Borne France's answer to Magnus Walker

Post by nickT »

I've had a long standing dream to move to France, grow a beard and drive my 912 more. 8)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15035070@N ... 375162616/ My 912 exhaust system

Aluminium welding, repairs / modifications, PM me.

Fabrication, PM me.
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

nice video, nice barn, nice car, (though not a fan of 16's on a SWB, or the S bumper)..... but Polo red is such a nice colour :)

I think I need to grow a beard.....will report back in 6 months when I have some growth :lol:
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

'After 69 everything from Porsche had a 6 cylinder engine'

Except all the four, eight, ten and twelve cylinder cars.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
asrad5
DDK Fanatic

Post by asrad5 »

Not to sure but i think i heard him say the engine is a T1 VW with the Porsche fan look, even if it's, really sounds good

Regards Allan
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Looks like I got onto the 912 bandwagon just in time........and have had the hipster beard for over a year......and my car has featured on Petrolicious.

Man I must be so cool.

I'll get me coat now......

Fantastic video though. Love the pinky shade of Polo Red he's gone for.
silverfox
Married to the DDK

Post by silverfox »

Great video, really amplifies the feel good factor that driving a 912 gives us.

Have a look at this site, some nice shots of my 912 showing off.

www.stateofart.com
Silverfox
Porsche 912 - 1968
Porsche 914 - 1974
Volvo PV544 - 1959
asrad5
DDK Fanatic

Post by asrad5 »

We'll need to meet up some time Silverfox, i'm just along the road from you in Coatbridge
Not enought 912's up here

Regards Allan
silverfox
Married to the DDK

Post by silverfox »

Hi Allan
Sounds like a plan, a Scottish 912 meet in the spring. I think there are at least five that I've come across.
Plot them on a map and find a place that works. Make a movie maybe! Magnus Walker spoof perhaps!
Don't need to think about before Christmas although if the weather is good I am half thinking of taking mine to Kintyre for Hogmanay. Have a good one.

Paul
Silverfox
Porsche 912 - 1968
Porsche 914 - 1974
Volvo PV544 - 1959
asrad5
DDK Fanatic

Post by asrad5 »

Cheers for getting back Paul, doing some work on the engine just now IE have just stripped the thing again, as i was having a few problems after the four
year resto i've just completed, so new high torque lightweight starter, new crank which i got last year, with new bearings, new lightweight aluminium oil cooler, and
went the full hog and got myself a new 123 Dissy that you can programe which sounds like fun (we'll See) hope to have most of the work done when i get home from working offshore in the North Sea on the 23rd depending on the weather, Had not heard of the 912 meet, sounds good, and if i'm home from offshore i'll be there, if you know of any dates let me know. got my Xmas already in from the kids a new SJ500 Camera like the gopro's but a lot cheaper, already got plans to do something like Magnus in and around Glasgow screaming up and down the streets at four in the morning ...anyways Paul keep me informed about the meet in spring if you hear anything mate ...

Regards Allan

silverfox
Married to the DDK

Post by silverfox »

Hi Allan

Your car looks great. We will have to make the Spring 912 event happen, it'll be the first one I think. Will contact you after the holidays. Was joking about the Magnus thing but an early morning blast in Glasgow or Edinburgh sounds cool. Catch up in the new year. Paul
Silverfox
Porsche 912 - 1968
Porsche 914 - 1974
Volvo PV544 - 1959
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Allan

I love that exhaust on your car, where did you get it and what does it sound like ??? Looks the absolute mutts ! The rest of the car looks pretty good as well !

Cheers
Sean
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

asrad5 wrote:Cheers for getting back Paul, doing some work on the engine just now IE have just stripped the thing again, as i was having a few problems after the four
year resto i've just completed, so new high torque lightweight starter, new crank which i got last year, with new bearings, new lightweight aluminium oil cooler, and
went the full hog and got myself a new 123 Dissy that you can programe which sounds like fun (we'll See) hope to have most of the work done when i get home from working offshore in the North Sea on the 23rd depending on the weather, Had not heard of the 912 meet, sounds good, and if i'm home from offshore i'll be there, if you know of any dates let me know. got my Xmas already in from the kids a new SJ500 Camera like the gopro's but a lot cheaper, already got plans to do something like Magnus in and around Glasgow screaming up and down the streets at four in the morning ...anyways Paul keep me informed about the meet in spring if you hear anything mate ...

Regards Allan

I have a 123 (non programmable) and I've been pretty happy so far.

If you look on the 356 Registry CJ is a big fan of them for his bigger bore engines but I think he also includes vacuum input for load so he had a 3d map. Probably overkill for a 1600/1720 engine?
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
asrad5
DDK Fanatic

Post by asrad5 »

Hi Sean if you go to this link below you'll see the person who builds these exhuast units, think i paid £425 for it, but was worth every penny as they do sound
good

Regards Allan

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31123&p=243781&hilit=nickT#p243781