pictures of headlining styles please

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

pictures of headlining styles please

Post by Mike Usiskin »

Hi all,

can anyone post pictures of different types of headlining for early 911's. I currently have a beautiful hand painted off white affair, painted to hide the tobacco stains says Uncle bert, but am thinking of changing it to black. So Pictures please. I've seen some lightweight styles as well on the early 911s registry site but think they might be too noisy for the little ones.
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

East Coast Dave
Married to the DDK

Post by East Coast Dave »

think they might be too noisy for the little ones
Mike are you kidding? Is this the same car (with the same exhaust) that you took to CLM?
"Let's be careful out there"

SOLD:
1968 LHD 912 targa
& some veedubs
(to pay for growing family - and house!)
Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Usiskin »

quiet as a mouse mate, subtle, understated elegance,(thats me I'm talking about, not the car :))
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

Del
DDK forever

Post by Del »

i sat in a 912 this weekend belonging to 914bore from here. He had literally just bought the car and it had black headlining. Have to say, it looked very cool and smart. Maybe he can send you some pics?

the headlining in mine is a disgusting off white with all sort off smoke / moisture stains. would dearly love to change it too. [/b]
Ian 2.2S
DDK rules my life!

Post by Ian 2.2S »

Mike. Photos (with & without flash) of mine offwhite/cream/ivory - whatever. I think I bought it from Roger Bray or Southbound - can't remember, fitted by myself. I like the more airy feel it gives, but there is loads of light in a 911 anyway, so personal pref. Dints are from visors and they disappear!
Ian

Ian 2.2S
DDK rules my life!

Post by Ian 2.2S »

Probabally looks exactly the same as yours! Assuming this is standard material.
porkey
DDK Seasoned Poster

black headlining

Post by porkey »

HI Mike i've got a black headlining in mine, i'll try to get some pics over the weekend- if you are defo going to change then why not paint your existing to black, only the cost of some vinyl paint and if you do a good job it may save changing the lining.
just an idea.
Mike.
yppah-liat