Spare tire

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Jasam_Mx
DDK Fanatic

Spare tire

Post by Jasam_Mx »

Hi, again guys.... I'm still restoring my new (not that new, 3 months now) 70, but I have a question, as I have 7's on my car and in the papers of the PORSCHE-AUDI don't say I wan't to know which spare tire should I get, should I buy a Deep 6's or how's should it be.

Is there any book that tell you how your car should be restored for original style.... not interested in concourse as in here, Mexico we don't have Porsche club.... not much fans in here... we got Jaguar, Ferrari, Aston.. but not PORSCHE(12 members with good cars but they are like R gruppe style, not stock racing or even to know wich molding you car should have) :cry: so... my hopes are down but still I love the original style of my car... so if you have any recommendations of a book or a web page or something (my fanatism is for 70 and 71 porsches).

Thanks so much for your help
There is no substitute
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Your spare wheel would have originally been a deep six Fuchs.

For reference I would suggest:

"Porsche 911 & 912 - a Restorer's Guide to Authenticity" by Brett Johnson

"Original Porsche 911" by Peter Morgan
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Jasam_Mx
DDK Fanatic

Post by Jasam_Mx »

Lightweight_911 wrote:Your spare wheel would have originally been a deep six Fuchs.

For reference I would suggest:

"Porsche 911 & 912 - a Restorer's Guide to Authenticity" by Brett Johnson

"Original Porsche 911" by Peter Morgan

Ordered :D by the afternoon. Thanks so much...

One question, I read in one of your posts that you have installed the Weltmeister shifter, how is that working for you? could you tell me what have been your expirience with it ?
There is no substitute