summers coming........

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

summers coming........

Post by 912uk »

great I had a whole after noon on the 65 912 today summers coming and I managed to do all the welding so once I have the steering rack back in it's on it's wheels again.. ops 18months off them..

any one else doing any major stuff.....welding in a new smugglers box isn't fun. :?

but it's done now.
Gilbert '71 T
I luv DDK!

Re: summers coming........

Post by Gilbert '71 T »

912uk wrote:welding in a new smugglers box isn't fun. :?
aah but just think of all that stuff you can smuggle now :P Good work fella :)

My 911 has a few bits n bobs to be done over the next couple of evenings/weekends, both front wings are coming off over the weekend, new wing to door jamb plates being welded in (not by me, i'll just be doing the monkey work, prepping etc.), correct 71 engine lid/silver grille to go on and be painted plus some little areas need attention, also plan on 3M'ing/Waxoiling inner wings front/rear, and if time allows a strip and re-seal the underneath of the floopan... and if time allows, strip the interior and do the Por-15 thing inside as well.

not much really then :roll:
Darren
71 911T with C3 motor
912uk

Post by 912uk »

That new Argon mix is stunning...... I have forgot how good it was compaired to Co2

Well that's all the welding on the 65 car now all done to my standard so who every buys it knows it's been done right. that's the front supenstion panel , a few area's under the car nr the front pan

Rear torsion area repair very little and a new smugglers box floor and sides one that proved to be a little tricky but got there and it all lines up perfect very pleased once linshed it will all go and look orginal. That section of floor was thanks to Jim at easy and thanks to US customs for not taking it off me when I check in my hand lugage... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brakes next

Wheels in Bright silver at the mo.. new tyres to go on it..

got to buy a new Master cylinder not worth rebuilding the old one..

got to get this steering rack bush ( davidppp on the case thanks :wink: )

should then be back on the road..

Oh steam clean the tank and reseal it..

I should have done all this last year I think Jo will ban me from buying another project cos I said I would have this done in a few weeks.. :oops: 18months ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

so looking for a garage I can hide a future project in , in the Southampton / Portsmouth area :lol: :lol:
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Sun's threatening to make a show later so got her out for a wash and blast...

Nokia phone pic... anybody else having trouble with their N73? Mine freezes between applications and randomly allows or ends calls when i answer - website no help and O2 couldn't give a flying grrrrrrr :evil:
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

I'm in the Porsche today not because it's lovely and sunny (although it is :)), but because my old BMW is at the local tyre depot having my winter tyres fitted... :lol: Maybe a bit late :)