DDK Do Lycra and Yorkshire World RR Sep 2019

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

DDK Do Lycra and Yorkshire World RR Sep 2019

Post by neilbardsley »

The world cycle champs are coming to Yorkshire 21 - 29 Sep

https://worlds.yorkshire.com/

It should culminate with the mens road race on Sunday 29 Sep

I've booked a house in West Witton from 26 to 30 Sep 2019. I haven't told the Mrs yet but I don't think she will be keen to come so we have a double and single available. It would be good to organise a meal and a ride(s) to one of the climbs to cheer on the boys/girls?

Perhaps a meal on Saturday evening and a ride out on Sunday? Surely one of the locals can help with places/routes?

Who is keen?

Neil + William (son)
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
willbrown
I luv DDK!

Re: DDK Do Lycra and Yorkshire World RR Sep 2019

Post by willbrown »

definitely keen. i am planning to go with a group of cycling buddies - either ilkley or in the dales near bolton abbey.

a meet up /ride would be fun.

not local, but i know the roads pretty well around that area (you can't really go wrong to be fair - if you are in the dales its all good!)

still trying to finalise my plans but happy to post when they get firmed up so we can get a meet up organised.
'72 2.4S Targa
christaylorsound
DDK addict

Post by christaylorsound »

I'd love to come along.... I'll watch this space and see if I can make it nearer the time. With a bit of luck I may even get to work on it!
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Count me in on this one, I'm getting the miles in already, should be flying by next September. I have to admit I have only been to Yorkshire once in my life and that was at full speed on my way to Scotland. They tell me it's a bit lumpy round there.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
70sThrowback
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 70sThrowback »

Hi Neil,

I live nearby (Boston Spa), so would definitely be up for a meet up and drive.
Jonny

Current custodian of 1976 Porsche 912E, 1973 VW Camper
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

70sThrowback wrote:Hi Neil,

I live nearby (Boston Spa), so would definitely be up for a meet up and drive.
You are welcome although in my mind I had hoped one day to ride with a different Jonny from Leeds!

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Ey oop lad, wots happening re the DDK team at the worlds? Is the house booking still current? If it is put me down for a room, I don't mind sharing as long as she doesn't snore and looks like Keira Goodnightly. Do you want any money? Have you sorted a nice route we can take? Keep us in the loop.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Sorry the house is full. Mrs B decided to come with the kids

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk