Modern GT/RS - Which one?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

DustyM
I need to get out more!

Re: Modern GT/RS - Which one?

Post by DustyM »

inaglasshouse wrote:But what mods would you do to the engine on a 993, if you find the standard unit a bit boring?
Supercharger? Bolt on (more or less) 100hp
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

DustyM wrote:
inaglasshouse wrote:But what mods would you do to the engine on a 993, if you find the standard unit a bit boring?
Supercharger? Bolt on (more or less) 100hp
I’ll go with that!
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
majordad
I luv DDK!

Post by majordad »

I know of none that have worked, maybe my knowledge is poor. If you want a lively 993 engine, then I'd recommend a 9M exhaust and throttle bodies and buy a secondhand Motec system. Maybe leave out the throttle bodies til you get more ££.
1972 2.4S, since 1988
993 RSR Cup
73 RS Rep Race
2018 GT3RS Lizard
Yellow491
Married to the DDK

Post by Yellow491 »

All the cars i have seen supercharged ended up slower on the hillclimbs,great for tyre warming and posing a burn out.Remember chasing a charged 993 at silverstone once in my 993 cup car,we got by it as it was having a right mare out of every corner,driveability is key!
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

Not sure which route you are going down but there is a relatively cheap, high mileage well maintained car on 911UK.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=125077
DDK#694
sisu
DDK forever

Post by sisu »

Guy bought 18 identical white 911 3.8GTS cars in club sport spec for a race track that didn't get built, you can have the lot for 2.4 mil or just one for €134,000.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-s/por ... arbon.html
Scene tax
Boydyrs
DDK forever

Post by Boydyrs »

Feroz, I would speak to Pete re this car as its my old 993. its mapped to 305BHP, has full KW CS and Genuine RS top and bottom set up with LWT flywheel and clutch. I am sure you could develpe further and if you speak to Pete nicely he may cut you a deal.
I am astrounded why its not sold, maybe priced a little high but I know how much I spent on it to make it as close to 993Rs when in build.
Hope it helps

http://rpr626.co.uk/porsche-cars-for-sa ... nual-coupe

Boydy
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Hi Boydy, hope you are well. Thanks for the steer, looks a very nicely improved car. I have thought about a modified 964/993 but I am happy trying a a few standard cars first. Will give this GT4 a little time and miles to see how I get on. Would love to try a 993 RS 997 GT3 as I suspect they will hit the spot.

Regards

Feroz
The force is strong in this one ......
PhilipB
DDK slapper chatter

Post by PhilipB »

I had a 981 Spyder for a year. initially thought it was great - Porsche heading in the right direction for once with a manual only car, less weight and a powerful but not ridiculous engine. However two things got to me. The first was that it felt synthetic. Pressing a sport button to get increasingly levels of noise just feels fake. The second was it was too highly geared. I guess in an effort to get the CO2 numbers down Porsche have put ridiculous gear ratios in it. If you rev it out it does 87mph in the 2nd of its 6 gears. Renders most of the 380hp redundant on the public road. If I'm honest there was probably a 3rd reason which was catching sight of myself driving it in a shop window!
Philip
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

yoda wrote:Correct Vic, not after particularly fast but want it to be fun at moderate speeds with a bit of go to overtake safely etc. Pretty much everything from the 2.7RS onwards is fast enough or too fast if you ask me! Had a 964RS and great on track but hard on the road.

Modified Boxster or Cayman would probably be a great drive, low key and sensible money. Might not tug at the heart strings though.

997.1 GT3 vs 993 RS is interesting. Any views on the 997.2 GT3?

Thanks all for the feedback.
I saw the other day Ryan from speedhunters (7thseal on instagram) is selling his cayman..
Might not be exactly what you’re after, and it’s top end for an early cayman but he has had just about everything done to it from wavetrac diff to bilstein suspension to csf gt3 radiator conversion, etc etc.. the paint is pretty much as good as you’d find too..

He’s used it as a road/track car - it’s basicaly a cayman gt3

Anyway like I say not sure it it would be suitable for you, and it is top end for a cayman, but I believe he’s found an m3 he wants so would prob take an offer..

A ton of info here..

https://www.instagram.com/7th.seal/?hl=en
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Agreed, not what I had in mind but looks like a very well developed car. May well be worth that to someone but it’s a long way offside compared to what I would be prepared to pay. Depends how keen he is to sell I guess!
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

I’m guessing it’s cost north of 50 to build however I’m with you- I think £20-25k would be a more sensible figure..
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

i'm a buyer at £20k but I appreciate given the time, expense and effort he will have put in that I unlikely to be acceptable to him.
sanjay
DDK slapper chatter

Post by sanjay »

Yoda,

May I suggest a GT3 Touring in say GT Silver

1, Run it in correctly - change the oil regardless of what they say

2, Take Mrs Yoda / have a boys trip to the Alps and explore 9000 rpm and 500 Bhp

3, Return home and if your happy keep it

If not

4, Sell it on for a handsome premium, can't think off hand who'd be interested in that

5, Go shopping with Uncle Vic for an RS of your liking with the proceeds

6, In the meantime spank the GT4

7, Regardless of 1-5 make a cheeky Yoda offer on the Cayman above

Simples !
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

Can’t get a GT 3, all sold. More Porsche nonsense.
DDK#694