993 ENGINE

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

puddy1
DDK Newbie

993 ENGINE

Post by puddy1 »

Continueing my quest to find a suitable 3.6 engine for an sc transplant. If anyone has one or knows of one please drop me a message . I dont mind doing a rebuild as long as reflected in price as on a budget varioram or non varioram idealy with ancilaries.

Many thanks Henry
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: 993 ENGINE

Post by sladey »

Have you tried eBay? There's a 993 varioram being sold by stevestrange - don't know who he is but he breaks a lot of Porsches. IIRC it's about 3500 but excludes ancillaries. Let me know if you can't find it
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
targa boy
DDK Fanatic

Post by targa boy »

I think you will find Steve Strange owns Douglas Valley Breakers.
1972 2.4t(mfi and very orange) 911 targa,1973 bmw 3.0csl,1983 mk1 vw golf gti.
majordad
I luv DDK!

Post by majordad »

Personally speaking I would not have any dealings with Steve Strange or his company DVB. But that's my opinion.
1972 2.4S, since 1988
993 RSR Cup
73 RS Rep Race
2018 GT3RS Lizard
DustyM
I need to get out more!

Post by DustyM »

On the otherhand I've bought parts from them on several occasions with no problems. Due diligence is the key, especially with something like an engine.
sanjay
DDK slapper chatter

Post by sanjay »

http://www.gcrcentral.co.uk/

Hi ,

Last week, at least, Chris has a pre varioram engine and box, engine has done 80ish K has service history etc, gearbox recently rebuilt by him with an LSD I believe.

Plus he is 100% trustworthy I'm sure others on hear will vouch for him

Kind Regards

Sanjay

( engine and box still in the car so i'd assume it still has everything required)
crisc204
DDK slapper chatter

Post by crisc204 »

An awful lot of Porsche stuff gets sent to the far east now where its worth a lot more...

+1 for Chris at http://www.gcrcentral.co.uk/ he is indeed a good egg

We have a 993 TT Engine here for sale, might be a bit much for an SC chassis though!

If GCR cannot help I'm sure Ollie at RPM technik had some 964 engines, these have slightly more robust innards IMHO

Sent you a PM with some contacts from companies I use at work
(Porsche indy garage/bodyshop)
happy hunting
http://www.911rrr.com

Baltic 3.2 Carrera
Ornamental 911 Gulf RS 3.4 hotrod...
puddy1
DDK Newbie

Post by puddy1 »

Thanks for all of the info , I am currently restoring my 79 sc and as you can imagine the rust has been keeping me busy. So whilst restoring the tub and running gear I have been keeping an eye out for an engine. I have noted all the ones on ebay, realy just Steve strange ,I have asked him for complete engine and ancillaries and he wants £4500 , I am just a bit worried about provinance and condition , some of the pics seem to sugest that the engines have been sat around for years exposed to the elements, I may be wrong ,I would like to see them in person but I am based in Oxfordshire and its a fair old trek to coppull lancs on the off chance, they tend to have around 75,00 m on them to which seems too good to be true. Have been thinking to go up there with some cash and see what he has but whilst my car is still in bear metal I have some time to find one hopefully for a good price . Idealy I think am looking for a Varioram model at around 286 bhp but easily chipped to 300 from what I have heard .
I am hoping to pay upto £4500 for a good used one, is this reasonable do you think or am I dreaming? any more then I am thinking of turning my existing 3.00 into a high comp 3.2 short stroke.
Thanks for the other places to try I will check them out over the next week.
johnM
I need to get out more!

Post by johnM »

Hi.

You might need to replace the gearbox at each service if you put a 993 engine in it. The torque will mince a 915 box unless you put something else into it.

Kind regards.
John
1970 2.2E Coupe.
2004 996 GT3 mkII
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG.
2021 Toyota GR Yaris Circuit Pack