Re: New member, Nottingham.

Post by Andy J »

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Looking good, love the green
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
ims101
I luv DDK!

Post by ims101 »

Looks beautiful! Very nice I look forward to seeing her I for real & meeting your good self of course :lol:
Ian
356 Replica with 911sc
Rita the Queen of Speed!
hot66

Post by hot66 »

looks great :) Love the colour 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Very nice Andy. I like the colour, its unusual. Also of course its RHD which makes it even more unusual. PRS sold you a nice one even though you have had I guess much to do.

I also like the fact you do the work yourself and therefore save yourself a lot of cash but get enjoyment at the same time. Looks really nice.

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
Andy J
DDK addict

Post by Andy J »

Thanks for the kind words Roy,
yes still lot's to do but like you say saving lot's of money by doing it myself as correctly as i can, it's not a matching numbers car, the engine is a sort of bitsa 58-59
normal motor thats going need a full rebuild, possibly looking out for another engine,
also i have a 741 gearbox for it, told it was Re built by barry curtis, ( not been run yet), also the colour is not the original colour it was smyrna green when new which i really don't like so not sure were to go with that. And by the way Roy you own a fantastic looking car, real nice.

Cheers :cheers:
Andy .
roy mawbey

Post by roy mawbey »

Thanks Andy, regarding colour if you don't like the original maybe have a look to see all the colours that were possible for your car when new. If you don't like any of those, pick one you really like and use that. Back then, the factory would paint to your choice anyway ( at a cost I guess!!) so its always best to have something you are happy with, the same with the interior colour, you have to like it !!!

Roy
Andy J
DDK addict

Post by Andy J »

sounds like good advice to me roy.

cheers for now

Andy.
BAHumbug
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by BAHumbug »

Great looking car Andy.
Per Roy's advice, here's a link to review color options. I listed the main page because there's so much useful information. About a quarter of the way down, click on the red button next to "Color Charts!" It not only has the colors but also which interior upholstery and carpet options were available for that color. I agree with Roy, get what you like. But if what you like is what came from the factory, here's a resource.

WARNING: Do NOT click on the link unless you have lots of time to peruse.

http://derwhites356literature.com/
Happy Motoring,
Bruce
Andy J
DDK addict

Post by Andy J »

Hi Bruce
Many thanks for the info on the website lots of info, very interesting site, if i do decide to change the colour it will be for one of the other factory options.
probably about a year or so from paint yet, just got to combat the old tinworm , also on the lookout for another engine if anyone has anything for sale.

Regards
Andy.
Andy J
DDK addict

Post by Andy J »

Just thought i would post this picture up. while waiting for my metal fabricator to finish the job he was working on so he could make my 356 wing/fender repair sections, this was the job he was doing, rebuilding a world war two bomb for the lincoln aviation centre. It was carried under a lancaster, weighed 10 ton and called the tall boy.
Anyone need a good metal man around the nottingham/derby area Alan's your man. he's spent many years rebuilding spitfire planes and the like. although he keeps saying he's retired, great guy.

sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

wow
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
roy mawbey

Post by roy mawbey »

Andy,

All the time and effort will be worth it. It seems you always wanted one and that probably means you will keep it! Its nice its RHD, not so many about now. In 1992 A Mr G Neal owned 808 GWN its in the Porsche club GB records for that year. I no longer belong to PCGB but I find it interesting to see reg numbers of 356 cars still on the road today mentioned in the info I have.

Hope you get it running just as you want.

Roy
Andy J
DDK addict

Post by Andy J »

Hi Roy

Thank's for the encouraging words, will get there eventually and i can't wait.

Anyway Roy i have a short list of former keepers,( 3 ) and Mr G Neal is on there but he's not the last owner he sold it in 1996. Would be nice to find any history on the car

or former keepers, funny thing is the car never got registered until 1965 yet the delivery date was 1962, possibly used overseas or a demonstrator , says on the Kardex from

porsche sold to Harvey through jennings, not sure what that mean's anyone got any ideas.

Cheers for now, Andy.
:cheers: