Can anyone help me please?

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

NZ911
DDK Fanatic

Can anyone help me please?

Post by NZ911 »

Hi all

I have a UK new '73E I am restoring in New Zealand and am trying to track down prrvious owners in the UK. I have filled out a V888 form and sent all the required paperwork to the Swansea DVLA but unfortunately I received a letter in the mail today stating -

"Currently we cannot release data outside of the UK as we are unable to obtain the necessary assurances as to the identity of the requester and that the enquiries are genuine".

Im not sure how to prove to them who I am other than sending what they asked for and how genuinely I want the information! Any ideas would be great.

The original registration number was NWS469M.

Thanks so much

Andrew :)
Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Can anyone help me please?

Post by Darren65 »

Hi Andrew,

My step brother who moved to Germany had the same problem when going this route trying to obtain details of a vehicle he once owned. Even though his details were once on the V5 and could verify information he only managed to get details by using a UK address.

If you know the last owner using them might be an option or perhaps someone else with a UK address.

Good luck,
Darren
NZ911
DDK Fanatic

Re: Can anyone help me please?

Post by NZ911 »

Hi Darren

Thanks for your reply. I do have friends living over there so ill see if i can get them to do my dirty work for me!

Cheers