Race Retro at Silverstone

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Race Retro at Silverstone

Post by Mick Cliff »

Just been speaking with Phil Dunne at Hagerty and he reminded me that Race Retro is on at Silverstone this coming weekend

I won't make it, but if anyone from here is going then make yourself (and DDK) known to Hagerty :wink:
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
abm914
Events Organiser

Post by abm914 »

It's at Stoneleigh Park:

http://www.raceretro.com/

Ad.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

new signature Mick ? ;)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

Hmmm missed this. In Newcastle until Sat night but might pop down Sunday :)
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

rvzz
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rvzz »

Hoping to attend , I was going to go Friday but the outdoor rally stage stuff is only on Saturday and Sunday . Anyone else bothering ?
Russ...

'73E 3.0

Clean living under difficult circumstances
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

abm914 wrote:It's at Stoneleigh Park:

http://www.raceretro.com/

Ad.
Oops, sorry :oops:
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by left4dead »

hot66 wrote:new signature Mick ? ;)
Very well spotted, James.
And very well done, Mick!!! :drunken:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Post by TheEasyLife »

I think I'm going to be there on Sunday. Haven't been before so am looking forward to it.

Nice new motor Mick. 8)

James
1979 SC Targa - Long term project - in storage - purchased 10/16 - last looked at it in 08/18..
Fascinated with 911 seats and induction systems!

Previously
1973 911T in Gulf Blue (with 2.4E ITB's, EFI and EDIS) - from 07 till 16. Sorely missed.
Berny
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Berny »

I may go on friday, haven't been for a couple of years. I prefere it to the racing car show at the nec. Berny.
1971 Targa Sportomatic in Green 1972 2.4e sunroof coupe 1990 964 C2 Member no 82
Histrally
DDK Fanatic

Post by Histrally »

Would not miss this show.
It is the best exhibition for Historics certainly in the UK.
Will be there Saturday.
Jerry
911 2.7 Carrera Rep
Regularity rally prepared (For sale)
Subaru Legacy Tourer
greeny27rs
DDK above all

Post by greeny27rs »

why is this show not publicised more?
just got back from a great day!
weather pi55 poor but that made the rally stuff outside interesting!
The show halls were full of interesting things,plenty to look at and things to buy. bit like a mini essen!
Certainly go next year.
TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Post by TheEasyLife »

Weather wasn't great there yesterday but I agree the halls were great and walking round the cars as they were warming them up in the final 'hall' before taking them outside was briliant and what made it for me. Being stood 2M from a WRC Audi Quattro as they rev the nuts off it post to see where the backfire was coming from was brilliant. A few 911's there.

I also found a nice 1/24th model 911, 72S in white for a tenner. Bargain!

It was my first time there and was confused by parking and how to get into the actual event as it was not signposted at all. Best car of the day for me though was a Silver Bullet, a Vauxhall Viva Estate, in the car park on the way out. I may need to join the Droop Snoot Group as I love the Chevette HS's with their tartan trim. So in summary I go out and still need to go out more... It was a good day and I'll be back next year hoping it wont be raining.

Will post some pics later tonight.

James
1979 SC Targa - Long term project - in storage - purchased 10/16 - last looked at it in 08/18..

Previously
1973 911T in Gulf Blue (with 2.4E ITB's, EFI and EDIS) - from 07 till 16. Sorely missed.
Roadrunner
Married to the DDK

Post by Roadrunner »

TheEasyLife wrote:Weather wasn't great there yesterday but I agree the halls were great and walking round the cars as they were warming them up in the final 'hall' before taking them outside was briliant and what made it for me. Being stood 2M from a WRC Audi Quattro as they rev the nuts off it post to see where the backfire was coming from was brilliant. A few 911's there.

It was my first time there and was confused by parking and how to get into the actual event as it was not signposted at all. Best car of the day for me though was a Silver Bullet, a Vauxhall Viva Estate, in the car park on the way out. I may need to join the Droop Snoot Group as I love the Chevette HS's with their tartan trim. So in summary I go out and still need to go out more... It was a good day and I'll be back next year hoping it wont be raining.

James
James - do you know who that model is made by ? I'd really like to get hold of one.
TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Post by TheEasyLife »

Roadrunner wrote:
TheEasyLife wrote:Weather wasn't great there yesterday but I agree the halls were great and walking round the cars as they were warming them up in the final 'hall' before taking them outside was briliant and what made it for me. Being stood 2M from a WRC Audi Quattro as they rev the nuts off it post to see where the backfire was coming from was brilliant. A few 911's there.

James
James - do you know who that model is made by ? I'd really like to get hold of one.
It says it is made in China and Metro www.metro.mo.it on the bottom of the car, on the stand and on the box but this web address doesn't exist... It says Fabbri Editore on the box which led me to find this for you: http://www.edicolafabbri.it/Opere/Ricer ... sche%20911

The chap on the stall had 3 but I only had £11 on me and he didn't do debit cards (nor did I get a receipt) so I wouldn't have a clue who he was or from where. I did say to my Brother that if I had the cash on me I should have bought all of them. Spent all my cash earlier on hot pork baps at £4.20 and cups of tea at £1.70. :shock: Will take a packed lunch and thermos next time.

Will post some pics this lunchtime.

HTH

James

Previously
TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Post by TheEasyLife »

Pics! 1/?

Rally car!
Rally car
Not rally car
Rally car
Rally car
Rally car

Previously