1972 911 T - ideas on value

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
pht9
DDK forever

1972 911 T - ideas on value

Post by pht9 »

Hi all,

this is my first post, but have been reading up on some of the very informative discussions.

what is the general opinion about a LHD '72 T, oil tank filler in rear wing, perfect chassis with no rust, dry stored recently for 10 years plus, current owner 20 years.

It has been upgraded to a 2.7RS replica, nicely done, but paint has started to sink in areas, and gone a little dull. Would require a full repaint to make concours, but is probably acceptable as is (with a buff), if not too fussy about perfect detail.

interior pretty original and intact, leather on the seats looks rough, but they could be reconditioned.

now for the sad part, the owner sold the engine and gearbox from the car about ten years ago , so a period engine and box will need to be sourced.
If a correct 2.4 or 2.7 MFI engine and gearbox was fitted, it would make a nice replica.

Ideas on value, as it stands ...?
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

Sounds to me like it wants to be bought for as close to nothing as you can, probably £5k but impossible to say without looking properly.

Logic is :

An RS rep with a side filler is a bit squiffy, so I wouldn't do that.

A mint car without matching numbers would probably be £25 - 30k.

As a minimum you'd want to allow £5k to paint it and remove the RS bits, £3k to trim it, £10k to source and rebuild a driveline, £5k on other bits : suspension, trim, rubbers, tyres etc etc. So you'll be spending over £20k to make it right.

HTH
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
squirdan
DDK rules my life!

Post by squirdan »

if you decide to go ahead with it I might be able to supply you a 2.4 engine and box from a 72 T and quite a lot of other bits of trim .... pm me if you are interested, cheers
Megane R26R
Discovery Sport
Defender 110
BMW R9T
Trek Superfly
but sadly no Porsches any more
neil76
DDK Fanatic

Post by neil76 »

Engine and boxless rsr rep sold for £8k recently (details in 911 forum), needing tidying and possibly some more rust work.

Try that as a guide, £5k would seem very cheap if it is solid. Buy a rusty SC for another £5k and for £10k you'd have a very nice track car.. Paint it well and I think there is still profit in it.
pht9
DDK forever

Post by pht9 »

thank you to everyone and the advice, much appreciated

will update if I buy it !