911 2.7RS

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

911Smonster
DDK addict

Post by 911Smonster »

Spydermon wrote:
Hi Pete,

So you've sold your lovely 's'? That must've been a wrench.........but does this mean that you are you getting twitchy already? :lol:

P.S. Shhhhh about the red car, don't want any popstars snaffling it..... :roll:

Six months ago I wouldn't have countenanced an RS without the scripts, but this car is making me a convert.

Steve. :)
Yes I'm afraid it's gone now. It was a superb car but just not getting used enough to warrant sitting in the garage. So after a lot of thought I decided to let it go while the market is still riding high. I doubt I'll ever be able to replace it without searching high and low and spending a small fortune, but in the short term I'm planning to buy a nice common or garden Carrera 3.2 which I can drive on a more daily basis. If prices ever came back down to earth, I'd buy an RST in an instant. But it doesn't look likely anytime soon!

Go on, buy that red RS if it's as good as it looks. I would if I had the money spare. I prefer the interior on the Touring to the Lightweight anyway.

Pete.
'73 911 2.4S (gone!)
Vic Cohen
I luv DDK!

Post by Vic Cohen »

Dont worry Pete its gone to a very good home ................he almost wore it out before flying home ! Wud have worn it out if he d had it in time for Classic Lemans , a 4 th proper S in the convoy wud ave been great !
Good luck in ur next search........................they re all a little different but still fun .
Last edited by Vic Cohen on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
911Smonster
DDK addict

Post by 911Smonster »

Cheers Vic. Yeah I'm glad he likes it, they're so much fun. I'm missing it already, but it's fun looking for something different. A new kitchen is on the way too :roll:
'73 911 2.4S (gone!)
Spydermon
Married to the DDK

Post by Spydermon »

911Smonster wrote:

Go on, buy that red RS if it's as good as it looks. I would if I had the money spare. I prefer the interior on the Touring to the Lightweight anyway.

Pete.
I am a bit smitten by the Bahia Red car, but my head is equally being turned by two other RST's that I have been offered privately. Not by the same person I might add.
Should be in a position to make a choice (finally!) in couple of weeks or so, watch this space.

Roadrunner
Married to the DDK

Post by Roadrunner »

Is anyone else planning to drop in on the Silverstone Classic this weekend ?

I'll be going down from Friday in the green RS below, which has recently benefitted from the ministrations of Alan UK - repainted engine cover & correctly pinstriped bumpers, plus retrimmed seats....

www.fluidimages.co.uk
Spydermon
Married to the DDK

Post by Spydermon »

Hi Tim,

Is that the same one that was there a few months ago with Gordon's black RS? I thought that it had sold, didn't realise it was being re-furbed. Looking sponny and shiny in that photograph! Do you have any interior shots now, or will you be doing them at the weekend?

As for driving it down...... :roll:

Not jealous at all..nope, not me. :lol:

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

Export 56 have a very pretty RS touring in light yellow (117). Formally Gottfried Kadachs car, now fully restored.

Unfortunately not showing on their website yet.

Light yellow looks to be a lovely colour.

Regards, Mike.
Spydermon
Married to the DDK

Post by Spydermon »

mycar wrote:Export 56 have a very pretty RS touring in light yellow (117). Formally Gottfried Kadachs car, now fully restored.

Regards, Mike.
Light Yellow is a lovely colour Mike. It's not like Mick Pacey to be cagey about an RS is it? Thought he would have trumpeted this one; how did you find out about it? Still not on his website either. :?

Is this an Export 56 restoration? I often wonder with Racing provenance (or links to racing) whether this means it's been impeccably looked after, or seen the right hand side of the redline more than most? :lol:

Cheers,

Roadrunner
Married to the DDK

Post by Roadrunner »

Spydermon wrote:
mycar wrote:Export 56 have a very pretty RS touring in light yellow (117). Formally Gottfried Kadachs car, now fully restored.

Regards, Mike.
Light Yellow is a lovely colour Mike. It's not like Mick Pacey to be cagey about an RS is it? Thought he would have trumpeted this one; how did you find out about it? Still not on his website either. :?

Is this an Export 56 restoration? I often wonder with Racing provenance (or links to racing) whether this means it's been impeccably looked after, or seen the right hand side of the redline more than most? :lol:

Cheers,

A full page advert just for this car in this month's Porsche Post isn't exactly cagey.....
Spydermon
Married to the DDK

Post by Spydermon »

Fair enough Tim, I haven't seen that yet. Did think it was odd. :lol:
mycar

Post by mycar »

:oops: I only looked at the magazine for a moment, didn`t read the words..... only looked at a couple of pictures..... Hardly at all.... honest.

Mike.
Roadrunner
Married to the DDK

Post by Roadrunner »

Here are a couple of pics of the car since its cosmetic changes - subtle but huge improvement. Amazing run to Silverstone on the back roads from Aylesbury to Buckingham - the 2.8 twin plug conversion provides absolutely breathtaking performance....

www.fluidimages.co.uk

Spydermon
Married to the DDK

Post by Spydermon »

Those improvements certainly do make a difference, sounds like you had a great time driving this RS.
That yellow bit never worked for me as you know.

When will you get these new pics on the website Tim?
BTW. I didn't mention it at the time, but Will sent me some shots of the signal RS and they were/are spectacular, really good.

Can I ask you if the top picture is an accurate rendition of Viper Green, it's just that the subsequent ones look darker, and that one is brighter?

Cheers,

Steve.
Alan @ CanfordClassics

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

Hi Steve.,

We have recently done some paint and trimming work on this car and was fortunante enough to drive it. I think this pic shows the Viper green colour but Tim will know better.

This was taken after the paint work and new stickers.

Thanks

Alan

PS. The motor in this RS is very good

http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
Spydermon
Married to the DDK

Post by Spydermon »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the pics, your work on the car has made such a difference to it, amazing!
Have spoken to Will and he's sent me some more of Tim's pics.....she really looks good.......hmmmmm?