My 911T 2.2 Sportomatic

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

911ts3
Married to the DDK

My 911T 2.2 Sportomatic

Post by 911ts3 »

See attached photo's of my '71 2.2 Sporto, the second time I've owned this car, having sold it almost 6 years ago. I've since had a dalliance with '60's Lotus Elan S3's in various forms, and absolutely love those cars, different end of the spectrum from Porsche, but very enjoyable if you get a good one.
This car is ex South Africa, (hence RHD), and was imported by the previous owner in 1998. He owned it from 1992, and spent around £10,000 over 7 years doing a rolling restoration, which consisted of interior trim, seals, s/s heat exchangers, a top end rebuild, carb rebuild, clutch, and just keeping it in top-knotch condition. It has done just over 100,000 miles from new, and has a documented kph to mph speedo change a few years ago. It is a D programme car, with Comfort and Lux packs fitted from new.
I currently have it on 6 x 15" polished and detailed Fuchs, but have all five original 14" in excellent condition, with new tyres also.
The car will be for sale in the new year, it is MOT'd to October 2008, and of course is tax exempt. I have done a deal to buy another car that I've longed for , for years.
The 911 is in the condition you see in the photo's some taken yesterday, some taken in the Summer. The underside is rust free, has never seen a welding torch, and the only marks on the outer body are a couple of bubbles at the bottom of the drivers door, which have not got any worse since I owned the car 6 years ago, (I waxoiled inside the door skins at that time ).
The car will be advertised in the New Year at £20,995 with the original 14" Fuchs, and will include most of the parts required to change the transmission over to a 5 speed dogleg 901 box if it ever becomes necessary. the gearbox was bought almost 7 years ago by me from Mark Waring, I also have a flywheel, pedal box, pedal board, gearlever etc.
The 6" Fuchs will be available separately.
The car at the moment is performing very well, it pulls like a train, and the gearbox is operating splendidly.
I also have a set of 7" and 8" x 15" Replica Fuchs which are in good condition with polished rims which need the old school detailing as they have the black centres currently. They have decent Pirelli tyres on them, and I'm looking for £650.
PM me if you're interested in either the car or the wheels.
Steve
911ts3
Imageimg]http://muchos.co.uk/members/elans3/911b ... aller5.JPG[/img]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

Fantastic. 8)
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
ged914cymru
DDK addict

Post by ged914cymru »

Niiiice!
1975 914/4 1911cc Yellow (sold)
Why wait until mid-life to have a crisis?
Jasam_Mx
DDK Fanatic

Post by Jasam_Mx »

hey cool car :alien: how's the sporto working out for you?

See ya M8s
There is no substitute
orkneydave
DDK slapper chatter

Post by orkneydave »

Sweet. After reading about Helen's in 911 and PW I'm getting more and more interested in Sportos!
Dave Neil

1972 Land Rover Series 3 (Instagram @alfredthe109)
1972 MGB GT (mostly in bits!)
Wanted: Half decent early 914
911ts3
Married to the DDK

911 Sportomatic

Post by 911ts3 »

Hi both, the Sporto is performing very well. I've seen the 911 & PW article on Helen's example and concur that anyone who knocks them haven't driven one in traffic. The only issue I took with the writer was that he said he preferred the manual as he could blip the throttle between downchanges, but I find it just as easy, if not easier in the Sporto.
Overall a great article, and it is nice to see something in mainstream publications about them. Have a look on sportomatic.org, and read what the owners have to say about them. I maintain that anyone who has a go in one will certainly not be put off. I was very wary when I first went to buy the car, as I'd read all the negatives, but was far more concerned with the condition of the bodywork and the rest of the car than anything else.
Don't get me wrong, I love manuals too, having owned many different sportscars from MGA's to Lotus Elans and a very authentic 289 Cobra Replica, but I find the Sporto gearbox both easy to drive, and very novel.
Mine has had nothing but basic maintenance and adjustment over the last 15 years, and still performs admirably.
As I said in my original posting, the car will be for sale very shortly to finance another car which I have always lusted after.
Interested parties pm me please !
As I'm so busy at work over the next few weeks, It will be about a month or so before it is formally advertised.
It can be purchased with the original 14" Fuchs, or with a brand new set of 15" Minilites for £500 extra.
Regards
Steve
911ts3