Porsche @ SXSW

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

King_Jut
Married to the DDK

Porsche @ SXSW

Post by King_Jut »

Just got back from SXSW in Austin and while I was there I popped by the Porsche Collaboration stand (mostly it’s about the 964 RS in the new Transformers movie) but took some pics of the other cars they had there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Porsche @ SXSW

Post by jeremyg »

Thanks for posting - what did you think of the 357 concept in the flesh?
King_Jut
Married to the DDK

Post by King_Jut »

Hey Jeremy,

It had a presence for sure, but was completely out shone by the other cars (and the film starts) which is a shame... I think it has a really nice silhouette and I feel shares a lot of 356 DNA (its tiny too) but I don't think its obviouse where its design heritage comes from — unlike the Mini One, or the new beetle (not the current version) they both did (in my opinion) excellent jobs of revisiting and refreshing the iconic design, this one felt 2 or 3 iterations to far.

It was still a very pretty little car.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Looks better in those pics than the others I saw and would imagine better in the flesh - something just doesn't gel for me - it looks a bit to rotund and squished - bit like me
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk