Recaro Comfort Seats - Pricing Assistance Required

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Madrat
Married to the DDK

Recaro Comfort Seats - Pricing Assistance Required

Post by Madrat »

Hi there,

I'm trying to free up some space and as a result I need to sell a pair of original '72 Model Year Recaro Comfort Seats.

Before I list these on the for sale section I would appreciate some input on pricing and would welcome some feedback on what would would constitute a fair listing price.

I have attached a few pictures below which give an idea of condition...the drivers side has a tear in the seat base at one of the seams and there is another tear on the side near the recline handle - the passenger side seat is in very good shape. The vinyl is original, all original Recaro knobs are in place and both peanut headrests are in very good condition.

I look forward to receiving some feedback and then I will get them listed.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Richard

1972 LHD 911T Coupé (US MFI Version in Tangerine)
1972 RHD 911E Coupé (UK Supplied in Aubergine) - Sold
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Recaro Comfort Seats - Pricing Assistance Required

Post by Lightweight_911 »

I think it's quite difficult to put a value on these seats - the fact that they're bulky/heavy items means that they're really only for 'collection' which obviously limits the range of potential buyers.

In addition, they are only likely to be bought by owners of '72/'73 models whose seats are missing (or in poor condition) & who have a car with a black interior.

As to a selling price guide - it depends on how eager you are to free up the space/release some cash - do you make allowances for the above & list them them for a lower price in order to (hopefully) shift them relatively quickly or do you pitch them at a higher price & almost certainly wait far longer to find a buyer ? ...

Maybe speak to Garry Hall (visualfx) as he's likely to have a better idea of what they might be worth & might even have customers looking for such a pair of seats.

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
deano
I luv DDK!

Re: Recaro Comfort Seats - Pricing Assistance Required

Post by deano »

I think its a difficult one too. The condition looks to be good in general, but the springs are probably no good (are they?) and there seems to be enough damage to the vinyl to require completely recovering, in addition to new springs. We can't see the teeth on the recliners - are there any missing? The brackets need restoring. I'd say this puts them about £500, based on how much I might pay if I needed them, and how much it would cost me for the parts to restore them myself. Just throwing in my humble opinion.
Dean
1973T Targa MFI 334 met blu- under restoration https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 28&t=67060
1980 924 Turbo, blu/grn tartan - restored