I think now could be the time.........

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

sng45
DDK rules my life!

I think now could be the time.........

Post by sng45 »

...... to get a good deal on a new car .......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52508010

4,321 new cars sold last month - 97% drop on last April. Perhaps I should start the bidding at fifteen grand and three conkers for a 992 !
mrk
DDK rules my life!

Re: I think now could be the time.........

Post by mrk »

Or... restricted supply as there been no factory production for 2 months and factories returning at 50% production capacity due to social distancing and supply chain issues and focussing on sold order builds only...
Could be the opposite?

If you *need* / want a new car (Could be your pcp is ending etc) it might be that the limited number of unsold new cars on the ground now are all there’ll be for a good few months.
Demand outstrips supply and prices actually rise?
People avoiding public transport now want a car instead... demand increases...
....pushes up the value of used cars too.

It’s one theory.

We’ll find out fairly soon!
Best

Matt

2015 Bowler Defender #50
BMW M3 Touring
BMW X3
markm
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by markm »

Ye I'd agree with "mrk" TBH. I've been looking at the Audi & Porsche used car websites as the showrooms are shut and interestingly a couple of cars Ive had my eye on have gone up in price, one by £5k and the other by £2.5k, so ye, not sure there will be so many deals around.

Then again, I suppose what price point you are at will make a difference also.
72 2.4s
96 993 RS
Series 1 DDK membership card
Goodwood
DDK addict

Post by Goodwood »

I work for a sports car manufacturer, our production has been closed, ordered cars have not been progressed and i see lead times being stretched for at least the rest of 2020. I have very few stock vehicles available for immediate delivery (and i need cars in order to run a demo fleet), so the chances of a discount will be slim compared to 6mths ago i think.
gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by gridgway »

The pcp on my Zoe finishes very soon, so I think I'll just buy it and then see how things develop. I think demand will quite possibly outstrip supply.
Graham
jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Will be interesting to see just how far back down the list of priorities the build out of EV infrastructure is put as a result of the virus.

Will car makers commit to EVs now in the same way?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/01/coronav ... ments.html
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by gridgway »

The new VW ID3 (which I would definitely be interested in as a replacement to the Zoe) was running massively late, way before the virus took effect in Europe. I think they will be in very short supply even when production of them manages to get going. I've got the paperwork for the Zoe pcp in front of me now and I think I'll just buy it outright. The only thing that's strange about it is that Renault won't sell you the battery which is on a lease for ever at £80 per month. I wasn't bothered about it as I was going to trade in and with the new Zoe's you just buy the whole thing, not lease the battery.

Hey ho.
Graham