Stainless cup holder

Please add Porsche parts and anything you wish to sell here (no commercial sales)

Moderator: Bootsy

Ant22
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Stainless cup holder

Post by Ant22 »

Hello Tom. Ingenious!
I’d like a polished one please. Let me when to PayPal cash. I’m in London.
Many thanks.
MY 73 2.4S
mean_in_green
DDK above all

Post by mean_in_green »

The black anodised suggestion is appealing, if you find you’re able Tom. I had said brushed but would change to that if you offer it please.
Simon
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

mean_in_green wrote:The black anodised suggestion is appealing, if you find you’re able Tom. I had said brushed but would change to that if you offer it please.
No problem. I will post some pictures when they are done.
DDK#694
70sThrowback
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 70sThrowback »

Hi Tom,

interested in the black anodised version, which will match my new pedal boards. Let us know the price once you know.

Thanks

Jonny
Jonny

Current custodian of 1976 Porsche 912E, 1973 VW Camper
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

Cracking job Tom!! You'll be in full scale production soon!!!

Cheers,

Ollie
ch3tman
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by ch3tman »

Tp81 wrote:
DustyM wrote:
Have you considered a black anodised finish as another option?

Cheers
Jon
Jon,

I had but thought the polished / brushed would be more suited to older cars. I think the anodised finish will work well in the 993 and 964 so will have a go at these. I am having some cut in aluminium tomorrow and will get them treated and work out costs for the anodising. You can have one for free for reminding me.

Cheers

Tom
Great work! and impressive progress too! Following with interest, for a black anodised version (agree with you, the black is better suited to a 964/993).

Is it the 'triple 0' design you're sticking to or other designs also in the pipeline? Excuse my OCD, and please don't take offence, but the 'square' zeros against circular cup holder clash aesthetically - at least to my eyes (yes they may require testing) :oops: as I've tried to point out in the red box:

That feedback must come across as ungrateful; though I assure you no offence intended.

Look forward to seeing how you include the CUPL logo onto the product 8) .
Tp81

Post by Tp81 »

ch3tman wrote:
Tp81 wrote:
DustyM wrote:
Have you considered a black anodised finish as another option?

Cheers
Jon
Jon,

I had but thought the polished / brushed would be more suited to older cars. I think the anodised finish will work well in the 993 and 964 so will have a go at these. I am having some cut in aluminium tomorrow and will get them treated and work out costs for the anodising. You can have one for free for reminding me.

Cheers

Tom
Great work! and impressive progress too! Following with interest, for a black anodised version (agree with you, the black is better suited to a 964/993).

Is it the 'triple 0' design you're sticking to or other designs also in the pipeline? Excuse my OCD, and please don't take offence, but the 'square' zeros against circular cup holder clash aesthetically - at least to my eyes (yes they may require testing) :oops: as I've tried to point out in the red box:

That feedback must come across as ungrateful; though I assure you no offence intended.

Look forward to seeing how you include the CUPL logo onto the product 8) .
Love the feedback and I was a bit the same but I like it in the flesh. I do have some other designs on the go but need to get the orders processed and out first.

It looks different in the car and the design is subtle and not that prominent. I should have a sample black soon to have a look at.

I am sure you favour orange more than black :lol:

Thanks

Tom
DDK#694
ch3tman
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by ch3tman »

:laughing5: - you may be on to something :lol: and best of luck with the production process :thumbright: .
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Tp81 wrote:
cubist wrote:Lovely. X2 for Mrs Cs pagoda please? Polished and merc stamped. PayPal?

The centre locating bar is too long with the seat rail bolt, also I am told all handbrakes are on the left-hand side whether the car is RHD or LHD. The level is just catching on the holder so I will slim this down so as not to catch. The seats won't move fully forward with the cup holders fitted, only really an issue if you are carrying back seat passengers in a 911 and need to move it fully forward.

Look very sharp when polished - perfect for the chromey SL. No issue with the seats having to go fully forward - put my knee out trying to satisfy Mrs Cs 'birthday treat' last time...

PayPal ready, just let me know?
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Tp81

Post by Tp81 »

Black Betty wrote:Wow... This would be a great addition to my Speedster!

And in my 944 S2 too...

Can I order 2? One polished and one brushed?
Do you send them abroad (th Netherlands)?
BB can you send me a picture of your seat rails in the speedster, I stopped in early at my local independent today to check some fittings. All early Porsche 911's from late 60's through to 993 are good. My Alfa is in the garage at the moment and the cup holder fits thank goodness.

Mike (210BHP) should receive his soon to try in the 67.

928 needs a modification.

Boxster doesn't look promising but it was a later car.

I managed to make a template for a 356, the holder will need to be bolted using the front seat fixing screw on the car floor and I will change the shape of the bracket to accommodate this and hug the centre tunnel. Will also manage a solution for a Ferrari 430 as well with some changes.

I appreciate everyone bearing with me while these get either polished or brushed, shipping should soon. :)

Template taken today :lol:

DDK#694
Tp81

Post by Tp81 »

cubist wrote:
Look very sharp when polished - perfect for the chromey SL. No issue with the seats having to go fully forward - put my knee out trying to satisfy Mrs Cs 'birthday treat' last time...

PayPal ready, just let me know?
I think the seat issue won't really be a problem for anyone, would just prefer to highlight this. On the Pagoda fitting my laser programmer has been off sick the last two days :evil:, don't think he realises the importance of these for you. He has the design to change and I will cut these in mild steel and try fitting in my friend cars. I have three other designs sitting as well.....unbelievable!

Will keep you informed.
DDK#694
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

There's really no rush from me. Sit down, have a cup of tea, take a breath. I'm in UK until July 31 so plenty of time. Cheers!
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
map
DDK Fanatic

Post by map »

Hi

Brilliant - been looking for something like this for an age and would really like a couple of CUPLs for my (early) Boxster.

If you're struggling to check fit on Boxsters I reckon I should be able to get access to all types - 986, 987, 981 and 718(982) - in a single go and update you. Suspect you'd also end up with another batch of orders.

Would also take a couple more for my SC - but there's no hurry on that score.

Thanks

map/Matthew
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

Tp81 wrote:

And in my 944 S2 too...

BB can you send me a picture of your seat rails in the speedster,
I've used the original VW Beetle runners in the Speedster. Those are actually a bit different indeed. Will make a picture of them this weekend (if that's soon enough).
It's better to burn out, than to fade away
Tp81

Post by Tp81 »

Black Betty wrote:
Tp81 wrote:

And in my 944 S2 too...

BB can you send me a picture of your seat rails in the speedster,
I've used the original VW Beetle runners in the Speedster. Those are actually a bit different indeed. Will make a picture of them this weekend (if that's soon enough).
Perfect thanks
DDK#694