Planning on building a Speedster replica?

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Planning on building a Speedster replica?

Post by mdmax72 »

Richardab1967 wrote:
mdmax72 wrote:Sent it anyway.

If it does come into force, those that are building will have 12 months extra to get there cars past under the old rules.

Richard, your right. Not enough of a concern in the Speedster forums. That because alot don’t bother going the IVA route.
12 months? Where did you see that. I thought it came into effect this July, which would be a BIG ask for me to get finished by!

When they changed the fuel filler reg’s from being under the bonnet/luggage area, to having to be outside the luggage area a 12 month grace period was given. This is to help those that are mid build etc. Not many folks was aware of the grace period.

I’m assuming the same will apply. They can’t expect you to change an engine to comply with new rules at the drop of a hat.

Hopefully it won’t come to that anyway.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
porschewagen
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by porschewagen »

I’ve literally just found this thread and my blood has run cold. I’m approx £20k+ into my Coupe replica build and won’t have the time to finish and have it tested before July. Obviously I will be responding to the consultation and writing to my MP but I’d really like to know how I can get my car into the IVA system now to benefit from the 12 months grace period. At the moment it doesn’t even move under its own stream! I am building in accordance with the IVA manual but have such a long way to go. Can someone advise me what steps I need to take to get the car in the system? Is it as simple as applying for a test and then deferring on the date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richardab1967
DDK Fanatic

Post by Richardab1967 »

porschewagen wrote:I’m approx £20k+ into my Coupe replica build and won’t have the time to finish and have it tested before July
Ditto, exactly the same position for me.
mdmax72 wrote:When they changed the fuel filler reg’s from being under the bonnet/luggage area, to having to be outside the luggage area a 12 month grace period was given
Ah Ok, so its not a dead cert but thats useful to know thats what they have done previously. I imagine in that instance it was just a postponement to implement for 12 months, was there a requirement to 'get into the system' with the fuel filler change.

I wondered if you get the car to the IVA somehow before whatever closing date is confirmed that if you fail you can retest within 6months for the £90 reduced fee based on the same standards? Can you do this multiple times, every 6 months? ie drag the whole thing out, or is only one retest allowed?
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

You don’t have to get your car into the IVA system before and if it comes into affect. I didn’t have to with the fuel filler changes. I had 5 months left of the grace period left before l even filled in my application.

All l can say is crack on with your builds. If it does come into force then speak to Vosa about the grace period to see if it’s still 12 months.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
porschewagen
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by porschewagen »

You have to present what at least looks like a driveable “finished” vehicle for IVA (paint, trim etc are irrelevant, just the basics will do). If it fails you can book a retest within 6 months for £90. It will be tested at the same standards. If the car fails again, then next time it’s a full IVA at another £500 under whatever IVA rules are currently in place.
porschewagen
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by porschewagen »

No update on the UK gov website yet but if this is verified it looks like very good news... emissions testing at IVA will not change.

http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/about-us/news/_a ... -response/