Please don't be shy

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Please don't be shy

Post by Ignatzcatz »

No don't be shy because I'm going to show you mine, and if I show you mine so you have got to show me yours OK. And I know you've got them, they might be in the loft, or in the cupboard under the stairs or even in a box or three in the man cave, but I say get them out today and we will all feel much better for it.
I have to admit I am a fully paid up member of 'small vehicles anonymous' and unfortunately for me I'm a very sad case and quite beyond help but I'm sure I can find some relief if I was able to share with other poor souls this terrible affliction.
This is the Porsche wall in the small man cave number 2, commonly known as the shed. The remaining walls are filling up fast.
Attachments
DSCN1806 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1805 - Copy.JPG
DSCN1804 - Copy.JPG
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Dougieboy1
I luv DDK!

Re: Please don't be shy

Post by Dougieboy1 »

I'm game!

Originally a corgi guy, started collecting many, many years ago, stopped collecting many years ago.

All with original boxes. As you can see, i have a thing about corgi minis. Have a complete set of the rally minis including a prototype that was never released to production, purchased at an auction of Marcel van Cleemput (Mr Corgi) stash sometime in the 1990's when his collection was being thinned out....

Also gold and silver Bond DB5's Green Hornet car, Italian job coach and minis plus the Corgi Ecurie Ecosse transporter loaded with Ecosse D types.

Then i started collecting 1:18 scale, some of which are below - 50's F1 Ferrari, Bullit Mustang (I have the Dodge Charger as well), E lightweight, XJ13, D type and 250 SWB. Got 911 2.4S and 917 somewhere and a big mini in some weird scale.

Several of these were Exoto models which ultimately lead to this monster

1:10 scale GT40. I parked my bonnet badge next to it for scale.......

Would like more but i have run out of space and my wife has run out of patience....
1972 911S
1944 VW Schwimmwagen (originally a Porsche typ128, eventually VW166)
A bunch of other crap (according to my wife)
majordad
I luv DDK!

Post by majordad »

I see you into Military books too, and my wife made me move all mine to my shed. Wives !
1972 2.4S, since 1988
993 RSR Cup
73 RS Rep Race
2018 GT3RS Lizard
middlefour1
DDK rules my life!

Post by middlefour1 »

Here we go then.......

Image Image
Image Image

Back on display after being packed away for 3 years whilst we moved house, I still have another box full to sort out..........
Steve
1970 Silver 914 - Gone but never forgotten........
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Guys,

I am very impressed so far. I guess you do your own dusting :wink: Strange also I like military books as well, mainly aircraft and ships. Also advised often, do we need these in here? I have a dry garage so that has a lot of magazines, I wonder sometimes if the old 356 had stayed at £440- and not gone up I reckon that would have been regulated elsewhere too!

Some really nice models there. I do have around 8 or so 356 models, I am told that's enough so they stay on view along with my lead knights on horseback I bought in the early 50's with my pocket money.

Its odd that those items can take me back in time but unfortunately my hair still stays grey :roll:

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by 23e Heure »

My father in law's attic. My children look spooked!

These are all buses. He has lorries downstairs.

The entire attic space is home to a huge model railway...

James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
Dougieboy1
I luv DDK!

Post by Dougieboy1 »

:shock: wow, i think we have a winner!!! What a fantastic set up and collection
1972 911S
1944 VW Schwimmwagen (originally a Porsche typ128, eventually VW166)
A bunch of other crap (according to my wife)
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

Agree!
What a great result of years of work.
A friend has a huge collection of AA items (he was an AA roadside mechanic) and Smart Car items. The Smart car stuff is beyond belief.
Good thread.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Goodwood
DDK addict

Post by Goodwood »

1/43 956 & 962 fetish

Some 1/8ths too

Happy New Year, one and all!
middlefour1
DDK rules my life!

Post by middlefour1 »

23e Heure wrote:My father in law's attic. My children look spooked!
That is fantastic!! I still have my N Gauge layout to put back together, must get started on it!!
Steve
1970 Silver 914 - Gone but never forgotten........
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Absolute Joy. Thankyou for posting great pictures of fantastic collections.
My Grandfather had a complete replica of Carlisle station in the loft of his home in Moffat Dumfrieshire. On the rare occasions we travelled up from the South to visit him I ascended the stairs in the centre of the bungalow and my Father would say to me "Hands behind the back and do not touch anything" I did comply under fear of a clout round the lug 'ole. When the old boy passed on this huge layout was dismantled and was installed in Glasgow station. Unfortunately I have no photographs of the layout, but I do have quite a number of Grandfathers' modelling tools which, to this day, I still use for model making.
Although I have never been a keen railway fan, I guess it was from Grandfather that the die was cast and my Father's rally and race escapades has moulded me into the petrolhead I am, and cheers to that.
Let's see some more collections.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Ayli Carper
DDK addict

Post by Ayli Carper »

If you're talking trains ... we had a Christmas hamper, and it took up a lot of space, so I turned it into this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H092qlNF-7Q&t=174s
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

That is so cool, from a full up attic to a tiny hamper, and I have only a shed full, but it is Porsches we like and here is a couple of plastic ones and a few Vdubs.
PS Revell are bringing out a 1/16th scale kit of a 356 Cabriolet in about August this year and later in the year they will come out with a 1/16th scale splittie van kit with Porsche decals to emblazon the sides. I'm putting my orders in now.
Attachments
DSCN1819.JPG
DSCN1820.JPG
DSCN1821 - Copy.JPG
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

As we are moving to models, and actually building them and such good stuff, are there any aero modellers here on DDK of the radio controlled variety?

New Year's resolution is to try my hand at model aeroplanes again, my last 'flight' was in 1966......

73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Please don't be shy

Post by Bruce M »

RC “fixed wing” is barely recognisable compared to 10yrs ago.... let alone that many.

Sniffed about myself recently after playing with a few micro sized quadcopters over the last yr or so. Got myself a Xmas pressie of a modest plug’n’play kit but funnily enough it still requires some custom wiring so not ready yet.

The hobby seems to be less about “scale modelling” than historically and more about the flying experience. Only masochists use balsa anymore! It’s all about hardy extruded foam that will take a smack. The recent developments have been in cheap stability systems and live camera feed with head up display.

A flavour of the current tech.

“Mini Drak”

https://youtu.be/6dRxgyUQn4s

The latest £££ kit is upgrading the live feed to HD quality digital video. Most kit uses an older lower res analog video and only the go-pro style recording is in HD.