Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: New 911R - a bargain!

Post by Nine One One »

Keith,

Too right, especially considering the latest beef with Porsche dealerships cashing in on limited production runs/models

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsche/ca ... al-website

With low volume cars like the Cayman GT4 plus the 911 GT3 RS and upcoming 911 R all being available in limited number, Auto Express has been contacted by numerous potential buyers, many existing Porsche owners, who are furious with the way the sale of these special models has been treated.

One Porsche owner told us, “I was offered a 911 GT3 RS (with 100 miles on the clock) by a dealer who said the buyer changed his mind and would take £100,000 profit to get out of the car. So the dealer gets profit on the initial sale, then another profit on the resale. It’s a scam its been going on for years and will never stop.

“I have had four new cars and three used cars from Porsche main dealers in the last 15 years – never again.”
ken c
DDK above all

Post by ken c »

$1.25m for a $186,000 car, that is some ask.

These stories (and it's not the first) about Porsche dealerships don't do their reputation any good at all. I wonder what head office really think of such behavior. Despicable in my view.
FLY 7
Married to the DDK

Post by FLY 7 »

There'll be tears.

I was told, on pretty good authority, that the next gen 991 GT3.2 will incorporate quite a few options from the 911R
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

Nine One One wrote:
One Porsche owner told us, “I was offered a 911 GT3 RS (with 100 miles on the clock) by a dealer who said the buyer changed his mind and would take £100,000 profit to get out of the car. So the dealer gets profit on the initial sale, then another profit on the resale.

It’s a scam its been going on for years and will never stop.
I've just been told that Porsche dealers have been informed they can't sell 991 GT3RS's less than a year old now.....so maybe it's stopping.

If you look online all the cars that were up for sale with dealers have now been removed.

It used to be policy that they could not sell a car over list price not long ago.....even secondhand, like Rolex do.
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales