New advertiser - Classics at The Castle 2014

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

New advertiser - Classics at The Castle 2014

Post by Bootsy »

It's that time of year again. Make sure you get the date in the diary for the Uk's Premier Classic Porsche event.

http://www.classicsatthecastle.com/2014/

Sunday 7th September 2014

A bit of information for you all.......

The 2014 event will once again feature the Parade formats which enable both the sight and sound of the cars on the move to be enjoyed at close quarters.

The event is an ideal day out for the whole family, children under 12 are admitted free and there is much to do apart from perusing the cars, exploring the castle and its grounds.

WORLD-CLASS DISPLAY

As ever we will present a world class display with significant examples of historic Porsche competition cars and outstanding examples of classic production cars – including several surprises as we move towards the 7th of September.

In the year that Porsche return to Le Mans we are delighted to be able to turn the clock back to 1970 and reprise the most significant of all Porsche victories in the 24hr race – the very first one !

Seeing the real 917 and both of the winning drivers Hans Herrmann and Richard Attwood together will be a unique opportunity not to be missed.

This featured presentation will be supported by Parades of:

The special cars from the Porsche Museum and a number of private collections
A chronology of Porsche 356 model types from the fifteen year production spectrum 1950-1965
A celebration of the Porsche Turbo showcasing both production and competition models
A chronology of the KG badged production models from 1965 to 1973
A parade of classics from the AG production period up to 2014

ALL MODERN PORSCHES WELCOME

Once again Hedingham will welcome ALL Porsche models up to the current 991 and there will be a specially designated PORSCHE PADDOCK providing dedicated parking display area to accommodate ALL modern Porsches models built post 1973.

We encourage everyone to arrive early and allow plenty of time to be in place to see the parade. Queues are likely.

YOUR EVENT

What we love to see are lots of your 356, 911, 912, 914 and RS Carrera’s turning out to fill the site and support the special cars on display.

Your car could be a Parade participant, so if you have something Porsche that may be a candidate do get in touch (but not on the morning of the event!). The sooner the better as we are already filling slots in the intended line up.

However, you don’t have to come in a Porsche to be part of the experience. It is a day for both owners and enthusiasts of Classic Porsches and your presence makes the event what it is.

AWARDS

The now well established Hedingham Stars will be awarded on behalf of the major sponsors to not only to outstanding cars but also to recognise contributors to the realisation of the event.

Awards to be selected by the appointed judges will be made in the following categories:

Star Car of the Day Awards

These prestigious awards are for the “crowd pleasing” cars. More often than not they are selected because of rarity, originality or interesting history.

Trade Stand Awards

Made on the basis of presentation and crowd appeal.

THE CASTLE

Hedingham Castle once again provides a spectacular backdrop for the event.

The amazing Norman keep, over 110 feet high and with walls 12 feet thick, will be open to all attendees. Built in around 1140, Hedingham has had many royal visitors including King Henry VII, King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I. There are four floors to explore including a magnificent Banqueting Hall and Minstrel’s Gallery and phenomenal views of the event and surrounding countryside from the upper windows.

There are delightful walks around the lake and through the shady woodland under the steep ramparts of the castle defenses. The castle’s peaceful grounds and many fine trees are home to a large variety of birds and wild life.

PRESS

Since the first wonderful turnout in 2007, Classics At The Castle has established itself as THE annual unique event for enthusiasts and owners of all Porsche model types built 1948-1973.

“Classics at the Castle has quickly established itself as the premiere event for Classic Porsche enthusiasts in Europe.”
Sports Car Digest, USA

“Hedingham has at last provided an annual focus for the classic Porsche community in the UK , and beyond.”
Porsche Post, UK

“There is no other event which brings together the finest cars and the best mix of people in a setting that so quintessentially English, and for that reason, we at Classic Porsche magazine have no hesitation in regarding Classics at the Castle as the premier event in the historic Porsche calendar in the UK. To put it simply, this is an event which cannot be missed!”
Classic Porsche Magazine, UK
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
DustyM
I need to get out more!

Re: New advertiser - Classics at The Castle 2014

Post by DustyM »

I'm flying over again for it this year, managed to get return flight, hire car and hotel for €133 all in!
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

Anyone planning on doing the dinner on the Saturday?

I like the idea of listening to Richard Attwood speak but I'm not very good at staying sober and quiet in places that they have booze, so could do with some of the northern contingent being there to make me look civilised.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
KS

Post by KS »

I'll be at the dinner (with Sarah, so be good!).
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
rvzz
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rvzz »

Sam wrote:Anyone planning on doing the dinner on the Saturday?

I like the idea of listening to Richard Attwood speak but I'm not very good at staying sober and quiet in places that they have booze, so could do with some of the northern contingent being there to make me look civilised.
Cheeky fecker , us Northern lads are more than capable of mixing with polite company .

Russ...

'73E 3.0

Clean living under difficult circumstances
964RS

Post by 964RS »

I doubt they'd let me in the dinner...

Richard Attwood is a lovely guy though. Will always remember fondly that he was the first guy to teach me to drive on track!
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Adam
DDK addict

Post by Adam »

Im there too and at the dinner.
Need genuine Porsche parts?
Contact me for best prices
Ferry Man

Post by Ferry Man »

KS wrote:I'll be at the dinner (with Sarah, so be good!).
I'll be at the dinner too (along with a quorum of well behaved DDK'ers).
I've been to the dinner before and thought it was an excellent event, I'm certain this year will be just as good. 'Looking forward to it. :)
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

I am one of the well behaved ones accompanying Mr Ferry
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

I've never been. Is it worth the trip?

I have always had the plan (dreaming?) to try to get a gathering of the last few remaining RHD 67S's (which conveniently are a nice mix of all the colours that were available) in a display somewhere and I wondered if this should be the place. Not this year obviously as its too late but maybe in a future year. Is that the kind of thing the organizers want at this event? Is there an organizing committee chairman one should contact for advice?

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

I believe Mr. Fred Hampton would be your man, Mike.

Would love to see a '67S line up.... Maybe I could get LAP 1E along. 8)
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
72911E
I luv DDK!

Post by 72911E »

Its worth the trip but even from London, a long enough drive to get there for 9am. Since it is quite a drive for everyone quite a few people start to head off from about 2pm.

This year a few of us are planning to go up on the Saturday afternoon (Not ar$ed with the 90 quid dinner above :lol: ), stay somewhere local, a few beers down the local and an easier drive in on the Sunday morning
'72 911E Coupe RHD
'72 911S Coupe RHD
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Mike - I would have thought it would be better to organise any such gathering of RHD '67S models somewhere much more central (Hedingham is way out on a limb for most people) - maybe to coincide with an existing annual event - Silverstone Classic perhaps ?
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

72911E wrote: This year a few of us are planning to go up on the Saturday afternoon (Not ar$ed with the 90 quid dinner above :lol: ), stay somewhere local, a few beers down the local and an easier drive in on the Sunday morning

I could be interested Derek - keep me 'in the loop' ... :wink:
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
hot66

Post by hot66 »

at silverstone it would get lost in the general show .. at Heddingham a display of '67S's would be something special & of interest to nearly everyone there. Ignoring its location in the country, Heddingham is a great classic Porsche show with a loverly atmosphere ( & I usually don't like static shows that much )
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)