Eurotunnel Refund?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Eurotunnel Refund?

Post by abzadams »

Anybody going to try to get a refund for the return?
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: Eurotunnel Refund?

Post by 23e Heure »

I sent them an email this morning. I received an auto reply email. Don't expect a quick response :roll:

"...Our aim is to send you a response within 14 working days. However, we have recently received a high volume of emails and this is preventing us from replying to emails as quickly as we would like. Please be assured that we will be in touch as soon as possible...

On, by the way, Rich... TLMF!
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

As long as they got you back, that's probably as far as their commitment goes. I'd be surprised if they agreed to a refund as airlines and railways are not usually legally required to do so - they're more likely to offer a sweetener to say 'sorry', such as a discount on your next crossing, etc. I'll watch with interest!
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Codfather
Married to the DDK

Post by Codfather »

Good luck with that!
I send about 2 tonnes of seafood to France each day on a groupage service and since last week we have had nothing but delays resulting in missed connections and thousands of pounds in claims. The haulier uses the old chestnut 'force majour', so there is nowt we can do. Eurotunnel don't refund the transporters either, just book them on the 'next available' train. I daresay a lot of the problems are connected to increased volume in traffic with TDF , Classic LM etc. Next week will be worse when the English Schools are on holiday and the mass exodus to the dordogne!
I hate the summer!!

Yours grumpily
Dave
1979 911sc
2010 Range Rover Sport
2013 Mini D
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Codfather wrote:the mass exodus to the dordogne!
Funny you should say that because some friends that live there and I've been a couple of times. It so populated by the English I believe it's now called Dordogneshire?
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Codfather
Married to the DDK

Post by Codfather »

neilbardsley wrote:
Codfather wrote:the mass exodus to the dordogne!
Funny you should say that because some friends that live there and I've been a couple of times. It so populated by the English I believe it's now called Dordogneshire?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1979 911sc
2010 Range Rover Sport
2013 Mini D
dragonfly
I luv DDK!

Post by dragonfly »

Codfather wrote:Good luck with that!
Eurotunnel don't refund the transporters either, just book them on the 'next available' train.
That's normal freight procedure in my experience, having used the Chunnel a couple of times to move boats. No time slot allocated, it's 'first come, first served' on check in, but there may be another option for perishables.
Al
Member #665
'81 911SC Arrow Blue
Dragonfly 28 trimaran - no speed limits at sea
Codfather
Married to the DDK

Post by Codfather »

dragonfly wrote:
Codfather wrote:. No time slot allocated, it's 'first come, first served' on check in, but there may be another option for perishables.

Yes, my experience also, but no, we don't get preferential treatment. It annoys me at holiday time and bank holidays that companies that use the Chunnel every day seem to get shoved to the back of the queue!

Cheers
Dave
1979 911sc
2010 Range Rover Sport
2013 Mini D
abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

But I bought a ticket to leave at X and get me in at Y. They couldn't deliver the service that they offered and I booked?
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
Codfather
Married to the DDK

Post by Codfather »

You could well be in luck then, you will need to register your claim pretty quickly though.
I think , knowing Eurotunnel they try to get out of claims if you managed to get across on the same day.

Good luck anyway!
Cheers
Dave
1979 911sc
2010 Range Rover Sport
2013 Mini D
KS

Post by KS »

Like most such companies, the small print (which nobody ever reads) only usually promises to get you there, but not at a specific time. If they did agree to that, every time a train is one minute late, they would be liable.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
RSGulp
Married to the DDK

Post by RSGulp »

Standard tickets are non-refundable and not subject to financial claims due to delay. If you're a Flexiplus customer it may be a little different. I was delayed by 5 1/2 hours on Monday. The staff seemed to be doing all they could. I received a pack of food and drink, we were kept informed and they got me back to UK safely despite only having one tunnel bore operating. I think they delivered on the return part of my ticket albeit a little later than I'd booked.
1973 911T
1992 964 Carrera RS
1959 Porsche Junior 108L Tractor

Previous Porsche/Air-cooled:
1983 911SC Targa 204 bhp - the 'Hot Chocolate' car
1971 Volkswagen Typ1 1641cc Twin 40 IDF Webers
1969 Volkswagen Typ2 Devon Bay/Split Factory Crossover
LondonRob
DDK Newbie

Post by LondonRob »

We were travelling on a "day/overnight fare" for a weekend trip to Germany in April. They had a similar problem then and we got stuck in their Calais car park for several hours with many other passengers. They did try give out some snack boxes but it wasn't a great experience. A number of the drivers in the group complained via email and we've each received a refund and free trip to be taken before next summer.

It was worth us complaining but the cost must be racking up for them so maybe their policy has changed (or will soon change?)
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by 23e Heure »

Good news for anyone looking for a refund:

While my original email to their customer services sits in a long queue for weeks, I decided to call as well.

No fuss whatsoever, they said I am entitled to full refund of the original ticket price, PLUS a complimentary one way ticket valid for the next 12 months.

Rich: Get calling! Here's the Eurotunnel phone# 08443 353535
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
scalino65
DDK rules my life!

Post by scalino65 »

Hi James
I just tried the same and was fobbed off with the response that given I'd sent an e mail to customer services, I had to wait for them to sort it out....
Perhaps I shouldnt have mentioned the customer services e mail.
In any event, glad you got your money back and fingers crossed for the rest of us! Perhaps a euro road trip once/if we get our free vouchers?
cheers
Will