Feroz's Day Off…...

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Feroz's Day Off…...

Post by Darren65 »

roadiesean wrote:Bloody hell it was you lot !!!! I was the cyclist on the Stelvio (on the way up and then down the Umbrail Pass (black bike, all dressed in black, orange helmet) taking endless pics and videos of you racing up and down !!!! You really put me off my stroke there !! I'll get the photos and vids onto google photo and upload them on here. It looked like you were having more fun than I was that day. I was sick as a dog !!!

And there was another DDK cyclist on the Stelvio that day ? Bugger me, that's a small world !!!
....small world indeed! :)

Which day and whereabouts were you? I'll probably have you on the GoPro footage, it was on most of the time!

Cheers,
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Day 7 - Andermatt to Dijon......Furka - Grimsel - Susten - Klausen.....and back again!.

....The Big Four 8) .....this was to be our last proper day of driving and what a contrast in weather!.....the snow had melted and we were blessed with a glorious sunny day :sunny:

....first off Furka, without doubt one of the best driving roads you could ever wish for.....

....but first a photo stop, massively different from when we first pulled up here a few days before......

....what a view! :wink: ....

.....today was all about big scenery.....

....and great looking back at what you've just driven :) .....

...up to Grimsel with it's spectacular views and stunning lakes.....

....looking good on the Alpine air.....

....after the mountain highs we snaked through lush valleys on our way to Susten....barely recognisable from the snow and sleet from the previous afternoon...

.....the roads today were truly relentless and the fun just kept on coming.......imagine your favourite stretch of driving road repeated on a loop for hours on end! Awesome! 8) ....

.....my happy place :) ....

....and then on to our final pass of the tour, Klausen.....this road hangs onto the edge of a huge long valley with views you could stare at all day long....

.....waterfalls spring from the sides of the valley and dozens of mountain streams trickle their way to the valley floor, simply beautiful....

....from the beautiful to the not so.....

....they were actually filming for something and we passed a few GoPro clad vehicles as we made our way along the pass....

...although we got the biggest thumbs up from the support crew...

.....knew I should have brought the helicoptor!......

....sad to reach the other side of Klausen and our last run my spirits were lifted when Feroz raised his head from his map and said he thought the quickest way to Dijon was to probably head back the way we came. So we did it again! :) ....

.....feeling fulfilled we put in the motorway miles on the long trip back to Dijon.....

....quite probably the best days driving of my entire life! :)
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

Stunning, stunning, stunning.......

Thanks for sharing both pictures, map, and driving thoughts on the cars.

Awesome road trip.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
mrk
DDK rules my life!

Post by mrk »

Totally fantastic...I've really enjoyed following this write up...and what stunning photos.
The cars, the roads, the scenery are gobsmacking.
Well jel. :bounce: :) 8)
Best

Matt

2015 Bowler Defender #50
BMW M3 Touring
BMW X3
sladey

Post by sladey »

Great stuff
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
hot66

Feroz's Day Off…...

Post by hot66 »

[quote=“roadiesean”]cycle stuff[/quote]

Bigfoot was doing some stupid ride from Geneva to Nice
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
dragonfly
I luv DDK!

Post by dragonfly »

Absolutely brilliant and inspiring photos, thank you. I hope to follow in your wheel tracks some time
Al
Member #665
'81 911SC Arrow Blue
Dragonfly 28 trimaran - no speed limits at sea
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

.....back in 2010 when I first got the early 911 bug, John Glynn's 'Euro Thrash' feature about the 2010 R Gruppe Bergmeister tour had a big effect on me and I'd wanted to do a proper European tour ever since.

Inspiring indeed! 8) .....

stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by stretch »

Fantastic Story Darren. Stunning scenery. As cool as it get's. 8)

Dave
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
KS

Post by KS »

Excellent story, excellent photos! Well done all, and thanks! 8)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

This is just SO good. Trip of a lifetime indeed. Keep posting the pictures, I'm sure you have loads left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

Best images I have seen in a long time, epic. Love that you have posted this story.
DDK#694
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Tp81 wrote:Best images I have seen in a long time......
......a very distant second to yours Tom! 8)

Thanks for all the kind comments chaps :) ......happy to share, for me the stories of peoples cars, the trips, gatherings, drives and adventures is what DDK is all about 8)

Cheers,
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Just to cap off from me....

Day 8 - Dijon to home :( ......

A straight dash to the Eurotunnel.

A bit of a tense journey home for me....a couple of days previously I'd asked the guys if they could hear an odd sound from my engine which we dismissed but I felt something wasn't quite right, it was still pulling strong but not quite 100% and I was sure I could hear a rattle at low revs if I passed close to a wall but all sounded fine at higher revs. On day 7 this became more noticeable and when we stopped for fuel after the second Klausen run it was getting noisy......by the time we got to Dijon it sounded like a tractor at idle! :?
The car still sounded ok ish at higher reves and this was the case all the way back as I nursed it home.......later inspection revealed the pin that holds the chain tensioner had forced its way through the back of the chain case throwing the tensioner out and the chain was gradually chewing through the sprocket! :shock: .....

....engine now with Redtek for rebuild number three! :? ......

....still, no-one died, I didn't crash or drive over a cliff, my fun wasn't spoilt and as I'd said previously......'if you're gonna kill your engine there's no better place than Klausenpass!' 8)

I should have included in day 7 that Feroz also arranged the best meal for the Friday evening; asked why he'd chosen that particular restaurant he said he'd tracked down a great chef he knew of that had moved there and it was sure to be excellent food!........such is the planning and thought that Feroz puts into these trips although you'd never know it as he's as chill as they come 8) ....thanks again Feroz....and of course those that have driven with Feroz will know that the most thought goes into the drives and he's never without his well used atlas...

...huge respect also to Rob.....in an age where the majority of rare and valuable cars live in carcoons, polished and pampered rarely turning a wheel.....not only does he think nothing of taking his on a 2,700 mile road trip but he drives it hard and thrashes it plenty just as the maker intended! 8) .......surreal looking back at the images of my old T rolling with one of the most desirable and iconic 911's ever built......what a car and way to go Rob :salute: ......first 500 series too! :wink: ....

...an incredible 8 days with great like minded company.....

....before this trip, other than a desire to go there, I knew nothing of the Alps and could barely name a pass.......now my education is complete, just the mention of Klausen, Furka or Susten gives me goosebumps and it's a playground I'll hopefully be returning too for many years to come :)

You just gotta go there! 8)

Cheers,
keith fellowes
DDK forever

Post by keith fellowes »

Great trip and superb photos, very inspirational.

Would love to do something like that in mine, but 10 hours diving in one day would leave my ears ringing!
Doubt I would hear for weeks.

Thanks for taking the time to post