Oil cooler lines wanted

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

PMNorris
DDK slapper chatter

Oil cooler lines wanted

Post by PMNorris »

Hi,
I'm looking for a complete set of oil lines to fit an oil cooler to my 70T. I have the thermostat and a 3.0SC engine to fit, but nothing else. Any relevant parts in good condition would be most appreciated.

I am aware that i will have to get brackets to fit the thermostat and that i need an adaptor to fit my oil tank to later style oil lines, so am expecting a few minor complications.

Thanks
Paul
1970 2.2 911 T / Ex RS Clone, now more original looking, with 1979 3.2 SS engine
1988 3.2 Carrera Commemorative edition (sold)
Alan @ CanfordClassics
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Oil cooler lines wanted

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

Hi Paul, we make the oil lines, all new with correct fittings. Used are available but tend to be damaged and dirty. If it helps contact my sales manager or PM me.

Hth

Alan
http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
marleybones
DDK slapper chatter

Post by marleybones »

Hi Paul,
In case you or someone else is interested, I have an original used front oil cooler set-up that will fit your 1970 911 ( I used it on my own 1970 911T coupe). It is complete and in excellent condition. It includes oil lines, front (trombone) cooler, and working thermostat. I used this set-up for my 1970 911 when I swapped out the original motor for a high compression 2.4S motor.
The oil thermostat works perfectly as well, and kicks in right at 90C. My car which had a 210hp high compression 2.4S motor never ran hotter than 95C. Last year the car was sold with the original motor, which of course didn't need the front cooler set-up., and the 2.4S engine was sold to a person in Belgium for a 914/6GT project. I have held on to the oil cooler set-up thinking that I would eventually use it on another car. In the meantime, prices for 69-73 cars have skyrocketed, so I am currently priced out of the market. Here are pic's. Guaranteed excellent condition with only a few small dents and scratches from installation and removal. No leaks whatsoever and no crushed lines from unwitting persons placing a jack stand underneath a cooling line. Here are pic's. Lst pic is of the cooler mounted to my 70T during the strip and repaint back on 2012.
I am asking £850 plus shipping which also includes the bracket holders. The bad news is that the oil lines are located in Munich Germany. So shipping may be cumbersome unless you pick them up in person. On the other hand, the Techno Klassiker is coming up in a few weeks in Essen. Make a road trip to Munich and I will buy the first 5 beers... ;-)

PMNorris
DDK slapper chatter

Post by PMNorris »

Thanks Marleybones,

I'm actually in Wroclaw (Breslau to you maybe) Poland and am planning to drive to Essen on Friday 28th and driving both ways. By coincidence, my wife will be in Munich on the same day, so i'll take the cooler setup off of you. I'll PM you so we can arrange the logistics.

Many thanks

Paul
1970 2.2 911 T / Ex RS Clone, now more original looking, with 1979 3.2 SS engine
1988 3.2 Carrera Commemorative edition (sold)
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Result !

Hope to see you back in a Porsche in the near future Garth !
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
marleybones
DDK slapper chatter

Post by marleybones »

Thanks Andy,
Thanks for the sympathy, but not needed. I have a really nice G-50 87' Carrera Cab currently, so things could be worse. Just waiting for winter weather to subside, and I can enjoy some top down driving!
How is your amazing 904 project going?
Alan @ CanfordClassics

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

Just as a quick note so you can plan (if needed) you will also need the oil line to the engine, but the line to the oil tank will not fit IF you are using the original 70 oil tank. You will need to make an adapter or modify the oil line end. Basically the thread size changed in 72.

HTH

Alan
http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
marleybones
DDK slapper chatter

Post by marleybones »

I believe Alan is right, and I should have that oil line with the adapter as well which will go with the deal.