What are they worth??

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

bonerp
DDK slapper chatter

What are they worth??

Post by bonerp »

Been offered another car that I've always wanted to own so loosely considering parting with Kev.

Totted up that spent somewhere over - lets say conservatively £25k on it!!! :shock:

I have a figure in my mind but dont know whether its too low, just about right or too much. I suppose people will pay depending on their own desires though..

SO lets say you like the colour for starters, how much would you consider a reasonable price?

Just a quick run down - everything was replaced as new or reconditioned (depending on availability of new parts) including a fully rebuilt 1641 with twin pots. New freeway flyer box with long 4th and excellent gearing for this car.

Full leather interior with upper spec leather on MX5 seats. Low bow hood.

The only thing to finish is carpeting under the front hood which I already have.

Its got Vintage Speedster dials, a stereo, heated seats and heated screen, nice hub caps and full set of badges. A lot of the awful Pilgrim loom was redone with plenty of relays etc to protect circuits.

IVA Registered July 2011 (at great expense :cry: )

Stupidly less than 500 miles on the clock. No issues whatsoever. Much rework/QA completed by the Speedster Clinic.

Full history and a wad full of receipts and pics.

Might not be able to bring myself to do it so just testing the water...

cheers
Paul
Built a Pilgrim Speedster...only down one kidney

My build: https://sites.google.com/site/bonerp356/home

http://www.Speedsterclinic.co.uk

Now for sale! Next project looms...
Stevie B
Married to the DDK

Re: What are they worth??

Post by Stevie B »

Don't do it Paul.
I sold mine and it was a lot of hassle compared to selling a golf or Astra.
You have everyone telling you the faults and insulting you by saying how expensive it is for a beetle with a new suit on.
With it being a car to be used as a Sunday car everyone wants a mint car for low money.
As it is only their Sunday car they have all the time in the world to look for one
stevesprite
DDK above all

Post by stevesprite »

Im with stevie B.

It will be difficult to get back anywhere near what you have paid out for the car.

Follow the Speesdsters that are for sale on places like pistonheads, ebay, the speedster owners club etc. I find that the cheap ones seem to move quite quickly, but the high end ones seem to get re-advertised an awful lot.

If you do decide to sell then , good luck, but if it were me, I'd be looking at getting some enjoyment from the car, after all the money you've put in, and heartache you've had with the build.
Pilgrim "California" Speedster
kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kitchens »

Paul
I have to agree with what has been said ..as most know i have had mine up for sale for some time now on PH at £24356 and have only had time wasters and day dreamers aspiring to owning one but never will .I love the car and get great joy out of owning it and all the nice comments people make about it .If it sells fine if not no great hardship i will keep it .I just fancied getting into another Porsche .I will not let it go for peanuts and neither should you as you have put a lot of your soul into it as well as money .
Yes some are selling but most do not come up to the standard of finish and detail that has gone into ours .
Being negative the colour does limit it's appeal and is not to everyones first choice ,me personally i love it , as my Boxster is Speed Yellow again an acquired taste .At one point was looking at Helens Apal which was yellow .
I would keep it and get the use off it after all you have endured to get it to this condition .
What is the other car you are thinking about ,could you not px it .
Hope this helps just my 2p worth

Brian
At least bring it to the Tipec show as i will be down with the club in the Boxster

You could put an add on PH along with the link to your web site makes a great read and should impress a potential buyer ,i found it interesting and it is obvious you are a bit of a perfectionist and people would like that .It is a free add and at least would test the water
oliver365
DDK slapper chatter

Post by oliver365 »

Im with the others too Paul ,yull only regret it ,it not a sellers market at mo ,just wait until its a hot day & go for a spin 8)
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Bloody hell you need your head looking at Paul, what you been through with that car and thinking of selling it. You've not had no fun in it yet, give it couple of years when the market picks up and you've have some fun eh. Regardless of when you sell it though you'll have to take a hit anyway £££'s. We dont build these cars to make money. Go with the heart...

Oh if no one else is going to ask, whats the other car then??
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kitchens »

I think i beat you to that question :bounce: .....what has caught your eye to buy next .I think you should at least keep it for a season and see if you feel the same way .It is your hard earned cash and ultimately is your decision
bonerp
DDK slapper chatter

Post by bonerp »

Its a Corvette Stingray - childhood and adult obsession I'm afraid :)

Thing thats doing my head in is car sat in garage cos of the crap weather - a sad restriction of owning one of the for me. I wouldnt use it in bad weather.

Anyway Got too many car shows to attend this year so wont be going just yet lol

I've got over my moment of madness :?:

kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kitchens »

Glad to hear that :bounce: ...yes they are very weather dependent that's the problem with this older style car not water proof .Just have to pick your day, at least down south you traditionally get more sunshine than us up here .Just back from a car show today and got 2nd place for Best in Show so very pleased ,at times like this you say it is not for sale .
kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kitchens »

My car is now SOLD guys ...enjoyed it while i had it,not the most practical living in Scotland weather wise.
Have to say it has been the most admired car i have ever owned no matter where you went it was the star attraction even amongst car's 20 times its value .What next ?? will have to get the Boxster sold first before i venture into the market place again ,looking to have one weekend toy and the daily car .Downsizing as looking to move house at some point and all the places we look at have only one garage at best some none .
I do fancy a 356 or 911 early cars as fed up loosing £££££ on new cars which i cant afford to do now being retired.Will keep following your cars on the forum .
Brian
bonerp
DDK slapper chatter

Post by bonerp »

Well done Brian. I am now seriously thinking of selling Kev. Unfortunately a health issue (damn eyes) has occurred - puts a stop on everything but never mind - shite happens.

Received the external battery posts I ordered from the US so will try to get these in the engine bay at the weekend and then get my sparky pal to test the alternator and regulator just to ensure its all 100%.

I'm going to ponder on it for a while....

Anyone going to the Bath Pageant of Motoring in a week or so?

mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Congrats Brian or is it really?? did you get what you were asking if you dont mind me asking. So will it be staying up north?? or will we having the pleasure of seeing it around down south.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)