Help getting tent etc to Classic Le Mans

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

early_911
DDK forever

Help getting tent etc to Classic Le Mans

Post by early_911 »

I realise this is a long way off, but I'm trying to figure out whether the following is viable . . .

CLM will hopefully form part of a wider motorcycle holiday for me and the misses. As we're two up, space is a premium so taking camping gear is out of the question (unless we take bivy bags and she won't do that). Hotels are an option, but a) they're all booked up b) I'd prefer to camp.

I'm looking for a kind soul to transport my camping gear down to Le Mans (and back) . . . small tent, sleeping bags and either air or camp beds.

Someone nearish to Norwich would be ideal (hello Bootsy :wink: ), but someone further a field shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Lots of things could change between now and CLM, but I just want to see what options are available.

I would love you forever, and you'd be free to pis s on my tent.

Cheers
Phil
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Help getting tent etc to Classic Le Mans

Post by Tosh »

If you're offering to buy my tickets etc, I'm sure i can find room in the Pagoda to lug a tent from Diss to Le Mans :wink:
02 986 Boxster
68 T Sporto (sold)
91 964 C2 Tip (sold)
early_911
DDK forever

Post by early_911 »

Erm . . love to, but all I can stretch to is a couple of warm bottles of beer :lol: and maybe I could give up my place in the shower/bog queue a couple of times.
abm914
Events Organiser

Post by abm914 »

Phil

If I go (and I want to) then should have space for your bits.

Ad.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I'll help if I can Phil.

However, if Caroline and Harry are coming with me again then it will be difficult as last time there was no room left in the car.

Not sure yet.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk