To Outlaw or not, that is the question!

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

To Outlaw or not, that is the question!

Post by Bootsy »

OK - the definition of an Outlaw is to play around/customise something that is deemed rare enough not to.

So...................

Outlawing a Speedster replica is really a bit of an oxymoron but hear me out.

Winter is upon us and I like to have a play so I've dreamt up a new look for the Speedster. All easy to change back to sell it on if someone wanted it back to stock looking.

Basically some subtle decals, healdlight grilles and Fuchs - the Fuchs are going on anyway.

Rough (and it is rough my photoshop skills are very limited) idea of how it might look below - what do ya think?

1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
RSCarrera
DDK Fanatic

Post by RSCarrera »

Outlaw 8)
shambly
DDK slapper chatter

Post by shambly »

It has to be done, but then i'm biased!

If you need a set of headlight grilles, I may have a set depending on which type you're after. (These are the mesh type that mount on the chrome headlight ring, rather than the body fitting tenax type I have fitted to my car)

Don't forget to remove the bumpers :)

I'm about to add a coach builders badge and conventional door mirrors to my outlaw. The GT mirror may look cool but you can see b*gger all out of it!!

Also trying to decide whether to put carrera or speedster badges on the wings - nice set of chrome speedster badges on ebay at the mo.

Simon
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

shambly wrote:It has to be done, but then i'm biased!

If you need a set of headlight grilles, I may have a set depending on which type you're after. (These are the mesh type that mount on the chrome headlight ring, rather than the body fitting tenax type I have fitted to my car)

Don't forget to remove the bumpers :)

I'm about to add a coach builders badge and conventional door mirrors to my outlaw. The GT mirror may look cool but you can see b*gger all out of it!!

Also trying to decide whether to put carrera or speedster badges on the wings - nice set of chrome speedster badges on ebay at the mo.

Simon
I'd be very interested in the mesh type that fit on the chrome headlight ring. Let me know if you have a pair. 8)

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
shambly
DDK slapper chatter

Post by shambly »

Here's a upside down photo of my 'for sale' set.
These were the first set I bought from ebay before managing to get hold of a set that mount via tenax fasteners on the body.

Simon
MdR

Post by MdR »

Outlaw it!
Stick a huge race number on the sides & then stick some tacky insulation tape thru it to 'cancel' it out for road use
Martin Rogers
+44 (0)7812 167547
'69 Ossi blue warmrod 3.0 911T
[sold & sorely missed]'67S '70 Targa T '75 914/4 x 2
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

shambly wrote:Here's a upside down photo of my 'for sale' set.
These were the first set I bought from ebay before managing to get hold of a set that mount via tenax fasteners on the body.

Simon
Happy to buy them - how much?

Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

How about something like this ? :

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

WOW

what site need now 8) 8)
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Just when I thought I'd decided what I wanted to do you had to go and do that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love that look 8)

Hoffman912
DDK Seasoned Poster

wait til you see what im doin to the nine dozen!!

Post by Hoffman912 »

this is my plan for this year, to make my car into a vintage style outlaw.

taking of the durrants, putting on a pair of talbot JR mirrors.

i already bought a set of early 911/2 headlights with the thin chrome rings and glass lense, off of a guy who parted out his 66.
looks like these

so with the early headlights im putting on a set of wire mesh headlight grills that clip onto the headlight ring
like these

next im buying a set of straight, but baddly pitted horn grills (cheep and if i screw it up too bad i dont ruin a good pair, and minimal loss), and im going to drill and cut and make my own horn grill mounted fog lights

fog lights have to have amber lenses too

then im gonna get a set of 7 inch wire mesh grills for the fog lights.

before i drive across country again for this years 912 rendezvous, im going to get vynal decals made, like the monte carlo ralley placquard/logo, but instead it will read somthing like "2004 ohio to california 912 rendezvous ralley" maybe a vynal pegasus decal too. any decals would be magnetic and easily removable so as not to hurt paint. removed.

in the few years when i can afford it, im getting a set of minilites. (but then again i love my polished fuchs.. decisions decisions..)

:twisted: hehehe.. Sobieslaw Zasada look out, there is a new 912 ralley driver out there!!! (ok ok.. i know i could never beat out vic elford for the championchip like Zasada did) :twisted:

the cool thing is, its all bolt on, and removable, and will not hurt or damage the car. therefore, originality can be maintained, and it can be swapped back to stock with in a days time easy. why permenently change a perfectly good car, thats nearly original, and not bastardised?

what do you guys think? thoughts, oppinions? suggestions? [/img]
Harry Hoffman
'68 912 Coupe 'Fritz'
912 Registry #912R0195-C | Early 911S Registry #2070 | 356 Registry #36691
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

sounds good

8)

Im in the same boat do i keep it very easy to stick back to standard or just go full blown outlaw

decisions decisons :roll:
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

yep I agree looking out for some grills to drill :twisted: got loads of lights in the loft dig out a pair i guess..

Oh no I will have to post a pick I have one light and I know I have not got the other one yellow glass I need another one i will post a pic later if any member has a spare one they want to sell. :cry:Image

WANTED dead or alive one of the above please any one got one it's a miller
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Shambly - did you find the grilles?

cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »