74rsman
I luv DDK!

Post by 74rsman »

£49995 !!!

i sold mine too cheap!!
brembo
DDK rules my life!

Post by brembo »

Yours once upon a time per chance Keith?
Regards,
Regards,
Dougie

Worry is the interest on inevitability !
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

I love it.

just out of interest, when doing a bare metal respray etc, can you 'back date' thinks like the chrome bit round the windows etc?

It may not have been a look the original owner was after, but it seems like a bit of a give away that its a back dated car with black rubber?

anyway either way it looks cooool 8)
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

Disco wrote:I love it.

just out of interest, when doing a bare metal respray etc, can you 'back date' thinks like the chrome bit round the windows etc?

It may not have been a look the original owner was after, but it seems like a bit of a give away that its a back dated car with black rubber?

It was my car and I did the backdating, paint design etc.The window surrounds were already black anodised – it is/was a 1974 Euro-spec Carrera 2.7, so that came as standard. You could get the frames powder coated. How do you mean 'with black rubber'?

Yes, it does look cool... 8)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

KS wrote:

It was my car and I did the backdating, paint design etc.The window surrounds were already black anodised – it is/was a 1974 Euro-spec Carrera 2.7, so that came as standard. You could get the frames powder coated. How do you mean 'with black rubber'?

so on the 'older' models the windscreen trim has a bit of chrome on it, and around the doors its chrome... as you say your car has anodised bits, which I think started with the impact bumpers? - my ill crafted question was one around whether or not during a back date, you could also backdate the chrome effect, ie chrome door window frames and windscreen chrome.

cheers!
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Disco wrote:
KS wrote:

so on the 'older' models the windscreen trim has a bit of chrome on it, and around the doors its chrome... as you say your car has anodised bits, which I think started with the impact bumpers? - my ill crafted question was one around whether or not during a back date, you could also backdate the chrome effect, ie chrome door window frames and windscreen chrome.

cheers!
Yes, many do and some don't. You can have the window frames coated and the front and rear chrome rubber insert is a relatively cheap part still available from Porsche.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Sam

Post by Sam »

The frames on [all except the 74- Carrera?] pre-SC cars are bright anodised rather than chromed. You can either send the frames away for anodising (c. £500) or try to source some originals.

I rather like Keith's style leaving the black anodising on this one - keeps it mean - though I don't think it would be successful in other paint colours.

We love this car. :)
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
KS

Post by KS »

Sam @ PS Autoart wrote:We love this car. :)
So do I! 8)

Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

The car still looks stunning Keith - glad the most recent owner kept the colour scheme as was.

You don't look yourself in the track photo though! :lol:

Remember the sprint event you did at Brands in this car? Surprised PS don't mention the 'competition history'

Cheers
Wayne
93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
KS

Post by KS »

Surprised you didn't mention the spin! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

That can happen to anyone! :oops:
93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
asm993
DDK Newbie

Post by asm993 »

Anyone got any thoughts on what the market value of the car is? It has big factors in its favour e.g. its a 74 carrera with 911/83 (I assume) motor and seems to have some recent big bills behind it. However, it also seems to me that a key factor above all in the market is "originality"?

I do agree that its looks fantastic.
Sam

Post by Sam »

My guess would be £49,995. :) :wink: :)

You're right about originality, an original matching no. LHD 74 Carrera would be worth a fair lump more.

I fear from the first 3 phone calls that it may be heading back to the continent... :( :cry:
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
IanMcLeod
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanMcLeod »

Sam @ PS Autoart wrote:The frames on [all except the 74- Carrera?] pre-SC cars are bright anodised rather than chromed. You can either send the frames away for anodising (c. £500) or try to source some originals.

I rather like Keith's style leaving the black anodising on this one - keeps it mean - though I don't think it would be successful in other paint colours.

We love this car. :)
And I seem to remember there was a Porsche family owned factory car trundling around in 73 (2.4S ?) with black anodised windows so you can claim it's got the authentic prototype look.

Ian.