left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Autofarm 2.4S

Post by left4dead »

So, anyone here buy the 2.4S recently marked as sold :?:

http://www.autofarm.co.uk/items/62?back ... ales_pre74
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Timbob
DDK Fanatic

Post by Timbob »

No but I think they have had this car for sale before. I'm not sure if they sold it then or if it was taken off. I think they sold the white one before as well.

Punchy prices in this climate!

I don't know why but I get the feeling they don't always show their full stock (I once went to look at a car and there were a few others being "stored for customers" which then subsequently appeared on the website), and that some of the "sold" cars then reappear for sale again few months later.

Hmmm...
Albert Blue 72 2.4S (LHD)
left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by left4dead »

Timbob wrote:No but I think they have had this car for sale before. I'm not sure if they sold it then or if it was taken off. I think they sold the white one before as well.

I don't know why but I get the feeling they don't always show their full stock (I once went to look at a car and there were a few others being "stored for customers" which then subsequently appeared on the website), and that some of the "sold" cars then reappear for sale again few months later.

Hmmm...
One thing is for sure.... never trust a second hand car dealer... :wink: :lol:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Timbob
DDK Fanatic

Post by Timbob »

You have a pm. Absolutely agree on your "never trust a..." quote.
Albert Blue 72 2.4S (LHD)
richkaz
DDK rules my life!

Post by richkaz »

If you mean the blue 911S its being sold again by Autofarm on Pistonheads for £ 28,750
“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three
decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good "..

1971 911 2.2T sold
1970 911 2.2S Sold but remains within DDK
1959 Lancia Flaminia PF Coupe
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

richkaz wrote:If you mean the blue 911S its being sold again by Autofarm on Pistonheads for £ 28,750

if anyone is interested ....

I went to see the car as its just down the road from me. had all the plus points for me , RHD, and an 'S' - but its a re-body, which is what kept me ( personally ) away - good condition though and drove beautifully. - no obvious corrosion ( from an untrained eye ) and is quite a cool colour, looks like a BMW colour to me rather than a porsche ( but I could be wrong )

anyhow - thought I'd share the nugget.
sramdeen
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by sramdeen »

Looks like a nice car but seems a bit overpriced in this climate compared to other 'genuine' pre-74s?
There is a lovely yellow 911 that Autofarm had, but now Sean Lockyear are selling it. It's under £30k and looks stunning.

8)
--
2003 Lotus Elise (now sold, sniff sniff)
1995 993 C2 8) (slowly progressing to the pre-74)
911Smonster
DDK addict

Post by 911Smonster »

Timbob wrote:No but I think they have had this car for sale before. I'm not sure if they sold it then or if it was taken off. I think they sold the white one before as well.

Hmmm...
They're all on SOR deals AFAIK. Autofarm are genuine enough, but their prices are aimed at wealthy buyers who don't have either the time or skills to find a good car at a more sensible price. They offered to sell my car last year on such an SOR deal, but their terms were not attractive.
'73 911 2.4S (gone!)
Bladesman
DDK addict

Post by Bladesman »

I think they had a yellow 911E a few months ago for £28k ish.

I saw that Sean Lockyear sold it circa £25K

..but that is good old fashioned honest Yorkshire pricing for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
early2.2S
DDK addict

Post by early2.2S »

I knew the previous owner of the yellow 2.4S and was trying to purchase it from Autofarm approx 2 years ago on behalf of a friend. However at the Silverstone Classic Josh told me that he had sold the car for 60k and he believed that the deal would go through. That was the last i heard of it but the car itself has to be one of the most original 2.4S' - if not the most -in the country. The history file is totally complete from the purchase date till now and the mileage - as far as i remember - was about 47,000 from new. A beauty in anyones' book..........
Regs
Stuart