original colour/southampton docks

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

andrewchewmagna
DDK Newbie

original colour/southampton docks

Post by andrewchewmagna »

Hello to all
My first porsche a 68/912 is about to dock in southampton, what I would like to know Has anyone a telephone number for a company that unloads the containers and will take care of the paper work for me and do I need to be their in person to pay tax/vat due or can I pay the company that unloads the car for me?. The second question is can you tell what the original colour of the car is from the chassis number 128-04634 and engine number 128 4587. Thank you for all the info on sva and importing cars in to the uk.

Andrew
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Normally the UK shipping agent takes care of the terminal handling/customs clearance/shunting to warehouse, etc & then you pay them.

Who is handling the shipping ?

With regards to the original colour, no, you can't tell that from the VIN or engine numbers - you will have to get that information from Porsche Cars .... but it will cost you ~ £64 !!!
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
andrewchewmagna
DDK Newbie

Hello Andy
Thanks for the info. Neptune shipping of california, I've had one qoute from the company in the uk of £355 to do all the paper work but wanted to know if they are the only company unloading the containers or do I have a choice and may'be a better price?.

Andrew
912uk

Post by 912uk »

Normaly you don't get a choice unless you ship with a different company...

When is your car in I live just down the road from the Docks and the last car I bought in was this year a Jap import Pajero ,now sold. My last Porsche was Sept last year a 65 912 from Baltimore..it's easy.

Mark
Steve T
DDK addict

Post by Steve T »

ANDREW

did your car arrive on the courage at the weekend by ro ro
i am picking up a 911 from southahampton tommorow lunch time
if you speak to david old at ww on the tel no below he will clear it and get it ready to pick up for you

give me a call on 01922 745 645 before lunch if you need any more help

Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics UK
3rd Floor, Friary House
Briton Street
SOUTHAMPTON, HAMPSHIRE
GREAT BRITAIN
SO14 3JL

Tel: +44 2380 237 711
rgds
Steve T
912uk

Post by 912uk »

If you need a hand give us a call I am only down the road tomorrow 07733 444571

Mark
Steve T
DDK addict

Post by Steve T »

thanks mark
hopefully it will start and go in the trailer but i appreciate the offer
rgds
Steve T
andrewchewmagna
DDK Newbie

Hi Mark
The car arrives on friday the 15th dec all things being well,then I'll arrange for it to be picked up or collect it myself.the name of the ship is santiago express in a shared container. What forms of payment do they except for duty and v.a.t ? will it need to be cash or will a card do.

Andrew
912uk

Post by 912uk »

99% of the time it's Cash as then you can get the paper work there and then.. I have only ever once paid over the phone and that was because it was Soton Docks and I couldn't pick it up for a few days so it meant I was happy to wait till funds cleared..

There are loads of cars there when you go. The number of US cars is amazing one time in the summer I looked across and it was like looking at a Car lot from the 70's in Ca... but it was Soton

Don't forget Dock workers are Dock workers... and you might not get any help :lol: :lol:

But l have to say I did get some help from the Supervisor once and he waited till I got my car out before he went home I think he waited cos I was local and we had a good chat and he asks how the car is doing when I see him every now and then.. I have a mate that does Jap imports..

Get ready to see about 2000 Jap imports in one go and they are ALL dark grey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My mate has a lorry and does shift cars about if you get stuck he has moved a few DDK'ers cars.. sensible rates..
andrewchewmagna
DDK Newbie

Hi Mark
I phoned the shipping company today and they told me my car is not on the Santiago express but on the Humbolt express and will not arrive on the 15th dec but the 26th dec and will allowing for the christmas break be available to collect on or around the 4/5 jan 07, Gutted to say the least, Thanks very much for the info do you have the telephone number of your mate who moves cars.

Andrew