I've found it. A decent Porsche website in the UK

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

amallagh
I need to get out more!

I've found it. A decent Porsche website in the UK

Post by amallagh »

Hi,
to say this Site is hard to find is an understatement. Is that intentional to keep out the rif-raf. Well hard luck, I've found you.
A Porsche Site without the word Porsche or 911 in the name !
A Porsche Site that does not come up on any vaguely Porsche related search on Google !
I would never have found the Site unless Racecraft76 pointed me in the right direction after I helped him to buy a car he now almost wishes he hadn't !
As I say unless it is intentional, then someone (who knows a lot more about websites then me) should maybe do something about it. There might be a whole World of Porsche enthusiast out there just waiting to get in on the fun. I've been in Porsche Club for 10 years and never heard of this Site before. As a 914 owner it was either 914club in the US or nothing.
(In fact hasn't someone stolen the exact same Site format ?)

I haven't had a Porsche in a few years but just bought a converted 914-6 in the US and just going through the ordeal of getting it to the UK.
Intention is to make it into near GT spec when it gets here so many months of work to go before its on the road.
Wish me luck
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Welcome amallagh, and yes we were (or should I say there were) looking to keep the rif-raf but I also found the site as well 8)

As did a few other undesirable people...but we really should say much about Ian on here :lol:

p.s. What about some pics of your 914/6?
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
Viv_Surby
DDK rules my life!

Post by Viv_Surby »

Hey.....how to make friends and influence folks eh??

Well welcome anyways!! Hope you enjoy the site and find it useful (and sometimes amusing)

There is, in fact, a very good reason that the word 'Porsche' is not used in the club name or web address.....we were prevented from using it and in fact Porsche AG, Porsche Club GB warned us of the consequences of using it.

Needless to say, our relationship with PCGB is frosty to say the least.....many of us are members but as groups things are not rosy :?

We have previously been branded as 'computer nerds and geeks' and not really having relevance to the Porsche scene......Ooops....how wrong have they been!!??? DDK continues to evolve into a friendly, social group with members whom enjoy having a laugh and enjoy driving our cars.

It's a little disappointing you haven't heard of the club as we are now getting regular features in the press and references thru word of mouth.

You'll find a huge weatlh of knowledge and experience here that people are ready and willing to share....just ask away

Well done on the '14 and we look forward to seeing piccies of it when it arrives 8)

Viv
.....AKA the Welsh driving ace - Carlos Monteverdi!

1967 VW Type 2 Camper - 'Betsy'
1969 Porsche 911R Homage hot rod - 'Prescilla'
1972 Karmann Cabriolet - 'Celine'
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I'd rather keep it a bit quiet and discourage the crowds!

amallagh - having been involved with Porsche for so many years have you not seen any of the numerous articles or mentions of this select little gathering in the Porsche Press - barely a month goes by without a mention of DDK.

But you're right, we're not really interested in getting big, just better!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

"Numerous articles" !? Where ?
Never seen the site mentioned on other Sites. I get to most Sites via useful links fom others. Never seen a link to this one and I've been on lots of other Porsche supplier/interest Sites.
The last 10 years feels a bit like the 'Trilogy of the Ring' - A long and sometimes challenging journey of Porsche ownership, But I've arrived ! (Who is the Dark Lord Siron and the White Wizard then ?)

Your wasting your time try to convince me that the Site is well known. It isn't. Just name me the mainstream Porsche supplier sites where it is linked from for a start ? (in fact please don't lifes too short !) But if you want to keep it that way who am I to argue.
Love the colour of your car if its the one on your personal photo.
Bootsy wrote:amallagh - having been involved with Porsche for so many years have you not seen any of the numerous articles or mentions of this select little gathering in the Porsche Press - barely a month goes by without a mention of DDK.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

ah another 914er on here :blob7: welcome. im a new recruite to 914 ownership and i'm finding the British 914 owners tend to keep themselves to themselves with there own yahoo e-mail based site. but, there are a growing number venturing along to mix with us at our events and meeting and im hoping that will grow..

see events section of this forum for details of events..

also are you coming to the 914 international in Holland June 2007 ?
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

amallagh wrote:Your wasting your time try to convince me that the Site is well known. It isn't.
Don't worry I won't - I have far better things to be doing with my time.
amallagh wrote:"Numerous articles" !? Where ?
6 page feature in Octboer issue of 911 and Porsche World? Have a read of it if you can as it sums up the club and it's outlook perfectly :wink:

and here's some of the sites linking to us :wink:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... e%2ecom%22

You're right though, we're not big and corporate, we don't want all and sundry zapping our bandwidth and our 2 million hits a month is enough.

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Not the best way to introduce yourself Andrew !!

Just for information DDK is regularly mentioned on Pelican & the Early 911S Registry in the US as well as more or less daily on the PCGB forum...

Hope that now you've found us you find the site interesting & useful.
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

Never reads my columns, then... Sigh :cry:

But a 914-6! Yay! :albino:
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
hot66

Post by hot66 »

quality rather than quantity is what DDK is about 8)

No need to advertise ourselves too much, people tend to find us eventually ( just like yourself ;) )
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
hot66

Post by hot66 »

KS wrote:Never reads my columns, then... Sigh :cry:

don't worry Keith, I read your columns 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
rafiki
DDK addict

Columnar reader

Post by rafiki »

So do I.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

i do Keith and am waiting with baited breath to read how your un-packing and plans for your garage are getting on.....it's better than coronation street :wink: :lol:

love you
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

You write a column? :P :lol:

amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Nobody should take any offfence at my surprise to not having come across the Site over the last few years. Its my loss after all.

Just in case I had my head completely in the sand for the last few years I thought I would ask another active Porsche Club enthusiast if they had heard of it either. They hadn't. So at least its me and one other. But looks like I am spreading the good word already !

'Helen' mentions a yahoo email based site for 914 owners. Anyone know the address ? Just curious.

Don't know anything about 914 International being a virgin 914 owner but looking forward to finding out. Hopefully my car might be ready by then !!!?? Planning a couple of Classic car trips to the Continent next year on Regularity Rallies or track events so may be able to link it in.

Thanks again
Andrew