912E #576 and owner reporting

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

Der Fudgemeister
DDK addict

912E #576 and owner reporting

Post by Der Fudgemeister »

Bueno Estente All,

Having been a ddk forum member for some time i finally got my tightwad Yorkshireman's hand into my wallet and joined up. I am a 912E freak thru n thru after first seeing a Yellow example back in 1989 at PCGB's Concours '89 event. I did want a 912, still do infact but a 3 gauge painted dash '65 model, but seeing the svelte Porsche 911 looks with simple VW Type 4 motor got me hooked. 15 years later i finally got my very own '12E from 'evil-bay' no less. A none runner which had served as a dog kennel for a few years and with the classic mid '70s colour combo of Chocolate Brown with a biscuit interior, how could not say no.

I named my '12E after my late lamented cat, Fudge, who was rather mellow in character yet look rather agressive to those who did not know him.

For my sins i am also the assistant 912E Register Secretary for PCGB. I am also a member of TiPEC, 912 Registry, 356 Registry and KGOC-GB.

I believe that the day of the 912E WILL come. I wish to be the champion of all things relating to the 912E here in the UK, WHY?, because the marque chauvinists may deride the 912E but they forget that the very first Porsche had a tuned VW engine. I also love an underdog and the Porsche 912E is the runt of the Porsche litter............. and i love 'em :love8: (Especially if they are Brown!)

By the way i have a love / hate relationship with computers and cannot quite grasp what you do to attach an photo image of me and Fudge when we came LAST in the pre 1990 air cooled class at the Region 7 PCGB Concours, (a 356 Speedster won!!)

Best wishes and KTF to all DDKers,
especially 356 notchback, 912, 912E owners.[/img]
T'is better to drive a Slow car fast than a Fast car S L O W L Y

Rick 'Fudgemeister' H & 912E #576, Fudge!

1993 Renault 5 Campus - 2 of 'em!!
1975 912E - Gone to MALTA
1974 SANYO BRIEFCASE MUSIC CENTRE
1967 DYNATRON COPENHAGEN RADIOGRAM
louis356
I luv DDK!

Post by louis356 »

Welcome,

When you go on a long journey, do you become a fudge packer?

And I see that you have a Sanyo briefcase Hi Fi. Thiis was my music machine while growing up! many a punk tune played on it!

Enjoy and goodluck! :P
-Macs speed shop-
V dubs and Porsche tubs
87 924S (Now dead or is it?)
62 356 (Working on it!)
66 912 (Sadly gone - but have you seen the price of it!!)
Apal speedster (Sadly gone)
BSA Bantam in bits
A35 Race car in the making (peanutracing)
Der Fudgemeister
DDK addict

What in a name? Fudge the 912E

Post by Der Fudgemeister »

Hmm,

Fudgepacker indeed. Er yes i understand the connotations of having a Brown 912E with such a name but Fudge was my late lamented Ginger Pussycat with a simular character to Fudge the 912E, ie looked well hard but was a great big softy inside :P

Fudge is 'Chocolate Brown' in colour and Fudge also means something else too which, ahem, is not intentional to her persona although many a 911 owner thinks that any 912E is a pile of Sh*t :( especially a brown one!

Yeah I love my old Sanyo Music centre. I have some Stiff little fingers, Buzzcocks, Undertones and Stranglers on vinyl too. Ahh the memories of the late 1970's, :drunken:

Best Wishes & KTF
T'is better to drive a Slow car fast than a Fast car S L O W L Y

Rick 'Fudgemeister' H & 912E #576, Fudge!

1993 Renault 5 Campus - 2 of 'em!!
1975 912E - Gone to MALTA
1974 SANYO BRIEFCASE MUSIC CENTRE
1967 DYNATRON COPENHAGEN RADIOGRAM