Show us your 'garage'

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

anka
DDK Fanatic

Re: Show us your 'garage'

Post by anka »

jeremyg wrote:Wow. You worked hard for that wonderful garage Andreas! Excellent. Is that your Saab too? I run Saabs and Porsche - Good combination. Have fun kitting out your workspace.
Thanks Jeremyg!
Yes, it was hard work sometime but i really enjoy it most of the time. Almost think it´s harder to load up pic here :bounce: :bounce:
Born and raised with Saab so I have a couple of them, also like the combo! I worked at SAAB dealer until they closed production 2012, sad moment :( . Which model of Saab are you driving?
So, been busy today, activity for the kids in the morning and the noon was to moving forward with total rebuild of our kitchen and living room etc.
Will try to update this thread with some more pic.
Rgds,
Andreas
Carrera 3.0
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

andytat wrote:Great looking man cave and very well thought out.
I have underfloor heating in where I live but I'd love it in my workshop!
Thanks Andytat!
I use to say that it´s not always easy to work/repair cars, but if you have space, good light, nice temp, and lift it will be both fun and easier :cheers: Back in time I didn´t have all this options so when I decide to build my own garage I really know what was important to me.
Carrera 3.0
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

Ralph wrote:That looks superb - my wife would never let me get away with that!
Thanks Ralph!
Just have to say that it took me a couple of years to convince my wife!
Rgds,
Andreas
Carrera 3.0
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

hot66 wrote:I imagine Anke has slightly colder winters than us :lol:
James, you are spot on! But for the moment we don´t have any snow or ice, bad winter :(
IMG_0662.JPG
Rgds,
Andreas
Carrera 3.0
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

rhd racer wrote:Looks like there is a bit of weight on that top shelf Brendan! It’s bowing like my garage loft was!
Well spotted Wayne, need to check!!!!
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

Hello again!
Some more pic about my project.
Roof inside, ventilation and fine tuning of the wall is finished.
DSC_2801 - Copy.jpg
The floor is coated with ceramic tiles.
DSC_0300 - Copy.JPG
Preparing for assembly the scissors lift, now the really funny work will start!
DSC_0474 - Copy.JPG
//Andreas
Carrera 3.0
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

anka wrote:
jeremyg wrote:Wow. You worked hard for that wonderful garage Andreas! Excellent. Is that your Saab too? I run Saabs and Porsche - Good combination. Have fun kitting out your workspace.
Thanks Jeremyg!
Yes, it was hard work sometime but i really enjoy it most of the time. Almost think it´s harder to load up pic here :bounce: :bounce:
Born and raised with Saab so I have a couple of them, also like the combo! I worked at SAAB dealer until they closed production 2012, sad moment :( . Which model of Saab are you driving?
So, been busy today, activity for the kids in the morning and the noon was to moving forward with total rebuild of our kitchen and living room etc.
Rgds,
Andreas
I have a ‘Classic’ 900 T16S convertible:

And as a daily a 9-5 Aero estate

Which is one of the few estates that takes a large dog and 2 Christmas trees. Not every day though. Had Saabs longer than I’ve had Porsches - since an early Saab 94.
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

The new painted lift on place.
DSC_0616 - Copy.JPG
Free spaced on the floor. Stereo also in place, speakers assembly at inner roof. But I need some.......
DSC_0730 - Copy.JPG
....tools and tool boards, matching colour with lift.
DSC_0701 - Copy.JPG
//Andreas
Carrera 3.0
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

I´m not an artist with brush, but with some technical help I´m happy with the result :oops:
IMG_0036 - Copy.jpg
So, the garage project is reedy to use for what it is intended for, yes i have done some car work :oops: and you can also have a beer, sit down and reflect over a nice Porsche, life, this project or what ever you want!
Thanks for your time!
IMG_0433 - Copy.jpg
IMG_0708 - Copy.jpg
Carrera 3.0
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

IMG_0848 - Copy.jpg
IMG_0092 - Copy.jpg
IMG_0628 - Copy.jpg
Rgds,
Andreas
Carrera 3.0
andytat
DDK forever

Post by andytat »

Wow! Looks fantastic finished.
Now Porsche less and sad.
3.2 Carrera Speedster (Sold and sorely missed)
3.2 Manual Cayenne (Sold)
73 2.4S (Gone to Singapore)
75 3.0l 914 (Sold)
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Very cool
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

jeremyg wrote:
anka wrote:
Thanks Jeremyg!
Rgds,
Andreas

Which is one of the few estates that takes a large dog and 2 Christmas trees. Not every day though. Had Saabs longer than I’ve had Porsches - since an early Saab 94.
That looks great, the OG 900 is my favorite, not happy today when I sold my Aero (no cab) many years ago. In the 90´s I was racing a lot Rallycross with 900 and have modify so many gearbox´s :lol:
Just before Christmas I get one special car back home, 2005 I bought a brand new black 9-3 Sport sedan Aero and 13 years later I will restore the car to be perfect again! 290.000km on Swedish roads have affect the car......
And Your Porsche?
Take good care of your 2 nice Saab´s!
Carrera 3.0
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

anka wrote:
jeremyg wrote:
anka wrote: Thanks Jeremyg!
Rgds,
Andreas

That looks great, the OG 900 is my favorite, not happy today when I sold my Aero (no cab) many years ago. In the 90´s I was racing a lot Rallycross with 900 and have modify so many gearbox´s :lol:
Just before Christmas I get one special car back home, 2005 I bought a brand new black 9-3 Sport sedan Aero and 13 years later I will restore the car to be perfect again! 290.000km on Swedish roads have affect the car......
And Your Porsche?
Take good care of your 2 nice Saab´s!
Andreas
I’m lucky enough to be able to drive three eras of Porsche. The oldest is a 59 356 coupe - mild outlaw.
I also have a ‘G’ 911 like yours. An 81 SC targa.
And a 996 C4S.
All very different experiences, but all with the common sensation of being connected to the road like few other cars.
anka
DDK Fanatic

Post by anka »

Jeremyg,
Variety make your life longer! All of them looks wonderful and I got your point about "different experiences".
I´m just waiting a call from EuroJackpot........:wink:!!
Carrera 3.0