Show us your 'garage'

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Show us your 'garage'

Post by Timo »

Cracking torture chamber Nige.
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

Sam wrote:
Bootsy wrote:I know. Have you got the 'sex' plug in with handheld VR receptacle?
You knows it.
Let's be careful out there.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4719822/y ... onstrates/
Timo

Post by Timo »

:lol:
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Nige, Rick do tell me how the devil you get those super size pics posted.
ps Luv the cat pic
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Winston Teague

Post by Winston Teague »

This is my garage.
Important (as per thread title) :
There are no chairs, sofas, fridges. THIS IS NOT A MAN CAVE.
There are no mowers, dibbers shovels, rakes or bottles of weedkiller, no footballs, no garden furniture. THIS IS NOT A SHED.
This is a Garage/workshop, there are tools, parts, cars in various states from concept/kit to on the button, there is a lathe (vital to qualify as a workshop) Bicycles are reluctantly admitted until I have built a bike store! W ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

Took a while to spot the lathe! :wink:

Agree with the definition of a workshop. :)
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

Space for 4 at a push, but storing 2 plus a really good working bay for a 3rd is best. I keep filling it and then some, despite storage above one half....it has done nothing for my hoarding tendencies! Both cars being in bits does not help, cars take up so much room when torn apart. My new lathe has found its home but have not had chance to play with it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
rhd racer

Post by rhd racer »

93 964 C2

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
rhd racer

Post by rhd racer »

93 964 C2

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

Tp81

Post by Tp81 »

richkaz wrote:12 years ago I applied to the council to build a triple wooden garage at the end of my garden.
They refused on account of interference to the radial root system of my giant Corsican Pine trees.
They allowed me a double instead. Nice having a complete stranger 'allowing' me what to do ?
I decided to disguise it as a summer house in keeping with the 1880's coach house.
I arranged the base and then a 6 man team from Warwick Buildings arrived at 8.00am and completed the garage and roof by 5.00PM.
I was, and still am impressed. A bargain for £7k all in and it's still in good nick.
Council bloke probably did me a favour as the more space you have - the more junk you collect.

I like that, I assume the quality is as good as it looks? Always worry about wooden garages in terms of security but in reality any structure can be broken into if they want in.
DDK#694
richkaz
DDK rules my life!

Post by richkaz »

Tp81 wrote:
richkaz wrote:12 years ago I applied to the council to build a triple wooden garage at the end of my garden.
They refused on account of interference to the radial root system of my giant Corsican Pine trees.
They allowed me a double instead. Nice having a complete stranger 'allowing' me what to do ?
I decided to disguise it as a summer house in keeping with the 1880's coach house.
I arranged the base and then a 6 man team from Warwick Buildings arrived at 8.00am and completed the garage and roof by 5.00PM.
I was, and still am impressed. A bargain for £7k all in and it's still in good nick.
Council bloke probably did me a favour as the more space you have - the more junk you collect.

I like that, I assume the quality is as good as it looks? Always worry about wooden garages in terms of security but in reality any structure can be broken into if they want in.
No structural problems with the wooden garage. The installers only insisted that the base must be 100% level and would be laser tested
before work commenced. If it wasn't level I would need to pay travel expenses for the team. This is how they left it on the day.

They strongly advised that I apply 2 coats of 10 year stain or paint, which I did, and it still looks good. The front of the garage
faces strong westerly winds yet it's as sturdy as the day it was installed. Even the squirrels haven't been able to rip the Belgium
tile effect felt from the roof.
As a pricing exercise, English Heritage Buildings quoted £ 26,000 for a like for like design in oak.
If they could replicate the original fish scale tiles of the house the estimate was £ 35,000.
If the garage was attached to the house it might have been worth considering but that quote was more than the
value of the 911 at the time.
“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three
decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good "..

1971 911 2.2T sold
1970 911 2.2S Sold but remains within DDK
1959 Lancia Flaminia PF Coupe
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Looks ideal.

I'm looking at a double cart lodge type thing at the moment next to my garage so the Camper and Boxster are undercover. Amazing how prices vary
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Winston Teague wrote:This is my garage.
Important (as per thread title) :
There are no chairs, sofas, fridges. THIS IS NOT A MAN CAVE.
There are no mowers, dibbers shovels, rakes or bottles of weedkiller, no footballs, no garden furniture. THIS IS NOT A SHED.
This is a Garage/workshop, there are tools, parts, cars in various states from concept/kit to on the button, there is a lathe (vital to qualify as a workshop) Bicycles are reluctantly admitted until I have built a bike store! W ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Where is your 356?

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Winston Teague

Post by Winston Teague »

Hi Neil, sorry about your woes, i'm guessing a bit of Garage showing off isn't helping today. 356 overwinters in a friend's overflow storage barn in the village and lives in the drive in the rain April-November. Too big and scratchable for the workshop! GWS W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
coomo
DDK forever

Post by coomo »