PCGB Brands Hatch (Pics, batch 2)

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

Dyno Soar
I luv DDK!

Post by Dyno Soar »

Viv_Surby wrote:Mike gets the Targa in his gunsights.......

8)
Wow Viv the quality of that shot is great. :) Thats made my day!

If you look at all the Porsche's in that picture you can see how utterly beutiful the early 911 looks in comparison to the later years. Mikes car just stands out.

I can hear Richard Attenborough in one of his nature documentaries now. 'Look how the hunter approaches the hunted.'
'The terrified Targa driver is doing his absolute best to stay ahead of the unrelenting RS, but it is futile. He kept ahead for only a few moments longer only to be dispatched in the main straight with full ferocity!' Brutal.

Thanks Viv. 8)
Alam

77' 911 Carerra 3.0 'The Beast'
58' 356-A Coupe
55' Chevy
51' AP17
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by 23e Heure »

Let me join in the chorus and say what a great day out the festival provided (once the jealousy
of having seen Alum riding shotgun in Mike's car had subsided!)

Thanks again to Phil for organising the register line up (shame we didn't really get a chance to
talk, Phil. The mispelling of my surname on the dashboard info sheet will keep my brother laughing
for a long time to come!).
So many great cars on our bit of grass there - spurring me on to get my car up to the standard of some
of the others.

The Historic 'parade laps' (which quickly degenerated into one mad free for all) were the highlight
for me. The 906 sounded fantastic, but it was watching the 908/3 carving through everyone that
got the hair on my arms standing on end!

As for favourite car, I just can't decide between the 904 and the 906. Hmmm...

James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
steve wright
DDK rules my life!

Post by steve wright »

I managed to blag a ride in the 906 on the Monday. My God it's LOUD! With megaphones & 4mm of fibreglass between your ear & the engine, it's unbelievable how much noise 1,991cc can make. :shock:

Not having a seatbelt and sitting in a 906 "passenger seat" also made for an interesting ride. I've no idea what speed we were doing but we were pulling almost 8,000rpm in 4th along the straight and it felt faaast :shock:
'53 356 Pre-A (a box of bits!)
'54 Okrasa/Porsche/VW special
'58 356A Super (GS-spec)
'65 Razoredge Ghia
'66 Westfalia Camper
'70 911S (2.3 ST Le-Mans spec engine)

http://www.pushrod.org

http://www.classicporschemag.co.uk
Viv_Surby
DDK rules my life!

Post by Viv_Surby »

.....and by the next lap, it was all over........

8) :lol:
.....AKA the Welsh driving ace - Carlos Monteverdi!

1967 VW Type 2 Camper - 'Betsy'
1969 Porsche 911R Homage hot rod - 'Prescilla'
1972 Karmann Cabriolet - 'Celine'
early_911
DDK forever

Post by early_911 »

Sorry Mr Puttcok :oops: . . . Puttock . . .

There's some really cool pics that Gav took on the 912 PCGB forum.

Phil
Mike
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Mike »

Great pics Viv, thanks, if you blow it up you can just make out the ear to ear grin on Alam's face. The sound of the exhaust was drowned out by his yeeee-haaa as we went down Paddock Hill bend!!

Thanks to Phil for fixing up a great week-end.
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
Barry

Post by Barry »

Really enjoyed it this year: it was all the chatting with likeminded bods! Put some new faces to old names at last. Great to see Ferdi (wearing DDK stickers) in the main evo display: looked very smart indeed. I've been told my hearing should return by Christmas (perhaps I won't stand quite so close to Steve Wright's / Banshee's exhausts next time :shock: ).

It did seem to be the case that at grass roots level, DDK seems to be pretty welcome: although I didn't get a chance to ask David Newton about his thoughts! All credit to PCGB, very glad I went both days.

Was dead impressed with the 914 guys, you couldn't have a warmer welcome :) .
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Barry wrote:DDK seems to be pretty welcome:
Good news - just how it should be. :wink:
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Mike

Post by Mike »

on closer inspection of Viv's great pictures, their are growing concerns about my passenger!!!!

cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
KS

Post by KS »

Poorboy wrote:Keith Sueme span the Baboon in spectacular fashion right in front of his admiring fans. Well done Keith it was very brave carrying all that speed!
It was quite a moment! Got too far to the left as I entered Clearways (or whatever they call is now probably Jonathan Palmer Curves, or something), ran out of space, heaved over on the wheel and lost the tail – and several thousand miles off the tyres!

Car was running like absolute pig all weekend – very rich. Seems there's a problem with the MFI cold-start set-up that made it act like on full-choke all the time. Ended up coming back to Cornwall on back of AA transporter – a lot cheaper than the 7mpg it had been doing...

Car going in soon (not to Autofarm!) for engine refresh and suspension set-up ready for next season. 8)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Dyno Soar
I luv DDK!

Post by Dyno Soar »

:evil: :evil: HA HA HA!!! :evil: :evil:

You are quite right Mike, what evil have you created? :lol: It was my first time on a track and now I am hooked!! :drunken:

I can't wait to get my own car on the track asap!

I still have face ache from the manic grin I had throughout the laps! Thanks again buddy.

I also caught the last moments of keiths spin... not as hair raising as the 180 he managed on the santapod race track in his flashback race car. All he had to do was go in a streight line, but no Kieth had to show off to the crowds :lol: The bow at the end was great.

I saw the Baboon come in through the pits.. looks really cool. :)
How come you are choosing not to go back to Autofarm? I thought they had set the suspension up the first time?
Alam

77' 911 Carerra 3.0 'The Beast'
58' 356-A Coupe
55' Chevy
51' AP17
KS

Post by KS »

Dyno Soar wrote:I saw the Baboon come in through the pits.. looks really cool. :)
How come you are choosing not to go back to Autofarm? I thought they had set the suspension up the first time?
Yes they did but since the car's been lightened with the backdating/interior etc it's risen on the suspension. Now needs dropping again - along with a top-end freshen up ready for next year. probably going to use my friend Barrie Martin (Technic and/or Martin & Walker etc) as he's nearer and has seen the car in action.

Still may sell the car, though, if the right offer comes along... :?:
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel