Trip to the Porsche Museum - advice required

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Trip to the Porsche Museum - advice required

Post by neilbardsley »

Apart from the old Grandpix pits I found Reims a bit boring

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
NurLinks
DDK Fanatic

Post by NurLinks »

Tip 1: don't do a "quick blast around the track". If your new to the Nürburgring, this is a sure way to crash. The track needs more than "balls of steel", but first and foremost common sense and decent track knowledge.

As an alternative to your plan, you could also sleep over at the Nürburgring. I can recommend Hotel am Tiergarten and the adjacent Pistenklause bar and restaurant (both owned by the late Sabine Schmitz' family). 2 minutes drive from the track. The Pistenklause is a "must do" for new comers. An alternative for sleeping near the Ring is Hotel zur Burg. I always stay there if I have raceweekend, and so did the the Ferrari F1 team in the seventies and eighties.

If you sleep near the track, you can drive it in the early morning (depending on opening times), before the crowds/idiots arrive. Much nicer to drive and a much better experience for your son.
1986 911 3.3 Turbo, 1973 911 RSR Replica, 1974 FIA spec 3.0 RSR (in progress)
1993 928GTS, 1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

NurLinks wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:06 pm Tip 1: don't do a "quick blast around the track". If your new to the Nürburgring, this is a sure way to crash. The track needs more than "balls of steel", but first and foremost common sense and decent track knowledge.

As an alternative to your plan, you could also sleep over at the Nürburgring. I can recommend Hotel am Tiergarten and the adjacent Pistenklause bar and restaurant (both owned by the late Sabine Schmitz' family). 2 minutes drive from the track. The Pistenklause is a "must do" for new comers. An alternative for sleeping near the Ring is Hotel zur Burg. I always stay there if I have raceweekend, and so did the the Ferrari F1 team in the seventies and eighties.

If you sleep near the track, you can drive it in the early morning (depending on opening times), before the crowds/idiots arrive. Much nicer to drive and a much better experience for your son.
+1
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress