Help and advice please.

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Alabamavw
DDK Newbie

Help and advice please.

Post by Alabamavw »

Hi all,

So just a little back story- my health isn't good and I have so many things going on so everything takes far longer than expected. I restored cars professionally for 15 years and although iv forgot alot and my ability is a lot lower than before, I'm still able to make some progress at a snails pace but sometimes I need a little "prompting" so my thought was to make a post that I can add my questions to as and when without flooding the forum with new posts all the time.

This week iv found out that I will need to undergo a 4 level cervical caged fusion to stabilize my neck to prevent paralysis in the future. Iv been told to expect a long wait so in the meantime I'd like to push on and try to complete my 914! So that's a little about me and the reasons I will probably have quite a few questions.

The shell is in primer but iv painted the front screen recess so I can get it back in before it gets broken. The inside of the passenger cabin is painted and I want to get the dashboard frame back in the car- my first question is.....

Can I fit the bare dashboard frame into the car and build it up in situ or is there some parts that need to go on/in first? It's been so long since I stripped the car I can't remember what order it came apart.

Thanks alot,

Nathan.
Ex professional restorer, battling ill health while trying to keep my passion alive.

1971 1.7 914
1956 oval beetle
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Help and advice please.

Post by 911hillclimber »

Hello, sorry to read about your current issues but can I suggest you re post the thread in the 914 section, might get more focus?
Just a thought, leave this one on here.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9