For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

hunter
Married to the DDK

In the market for another 912

Post by hunter »

Hi again

Hope you're all keeping well

Its been quite some time since I've been around these parts and as i'm in the market again for another 912 thought this should be my first port of call.

Really just wanting a bit of advice on the best place to find a RHD car and what i can expect to pay for a reasonable solid runner these days - i know they may have moved slightly since i sold my last one :lol:

I have just left a message with Max at revival as a starting point but if anybody can point me to any other likely sources or know of any decent cars for possible sale - any info would be great

Thanks
Darran
Darran

Bahama Yellow 67 912 - sold
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: In the market for another 912

Post by neilbardsley »

There is a list somewhere on here. Search for the thread and post on there?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »

There is this one which may need work

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1457394

Or go to the other extreme with this one

https://www.rindtvehicledesign.com/prod ... 67-sunroof

Although this post shows it £10k cheaper???
https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/searc ... mit=Search
wildtexas
DDK slapper chatter

Post by wildtexas »

Darran,

This seems to be a question we struggle to answer as a community. Possibly because RHD rarely seem to come up for sale publicly. I always struggle with my agreed value for insurance. I doubt I would replace mine for what it's insured for :?

The ones I have seen have hefty prices and are often not that accurate in the details. That may not be an issue for many but if I were dropping big money I'd want to see that or adjust price accordingly.

I don't know when you sold yours or at what price point but common to the classic market they have shifted considerably since 2008.

Max will have his finger on the pulse for sure. He has a LHD project for 20k, that green RHD project at 30k but I would say needs a lot doing. Rindt advert is definitely "up there" so that gives you a bracket I guess.

As ever asking prices aren't selling prices.

Maybe a wanted ad with your budget and let potential cars come to you? You can always say "No thanks".

Matt
RobFrost
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by RobFrost »

It may be worth asking Rob at Retro Finishers in Cannock (a ddk-er) if he is selling his. If so he will want strong money but also the car appears to be mint.

...on 2nd thoughts that might be a LHD. Worth a conversation though.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
hunter
Married to the DDK

Post by hunter »

Thanks for the replies folks.

Sorry for not replying sooner.
Unfortunately, my account was deactivated because i updated my email address after i started this post so was unable to reply.
Account has now been activated again.
Darran

Bahama Yellow 67 912 - sold