Front seats

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Front seats

Post by Tp81 »

I am considering changing the front seats in my e. I will be fully reupholstering my seats and would rather have a seat I am comfortable with before i go and spend money on the covering.

Does anyone have age appropriate sports seats for sale?

Regards

Tom
DDK#694
hot66

Re: Front seats

Post by hot66 »

Tp81 wrote:I am considering changing the front seats in my e. I will be fully reupholstering my seats and would rather have a seat I am comfortable with before i go and spend money on the covering.

Does anyone have age appropriate sports seats for sale?

Regards

Tom
Do you currenlty have original sportseats or the comfort seats ? Curious as I find the original sports seats some of the comfiest around once the straps have bedded in
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

James,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not responding sooner. I have Deser sports seats and have learned only recently that these are a pretty good copy of the original sports seats. I think the issue is the foam is too hard / new and it feels like I am sitting on top of them. Almost impossible to move forward on the tilt mechanism as well, they hit the window and don't go far enough to stay forward.

I will likely persevere with the these and have them retrimmed and look at cutting some of the foam out or replacing with a softer alternative.
DDK#694
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Tp81 wrote:James,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not responding sooner. I have Deser sports seats and have learned only recently that these are a pretty good copy of the original sports seats. I think the issue is the foam is too hard / new and it feels like I am sitting on top of them. Almost impossible to move forward on the tilt mechanism as well, they hit the window and don't go far enough to stay forward.

I will likely persevere with the these and have them retrimmed and look at cutting some of the foam out or replacing with a softer alternative.
Hi Tom. I believe Garry Hall on here has done that before with good results and should be not too much extra work if you are having them retrimmed. I found the same, too firm and odd seating position. The BF Torino reps are not as accurate a copy but I find them fabulous to use.
The force is strong in this one ......
911GP
DDK forever

Post by 911GP »

Yep, I’m having the same issues with the seats I had restored with Southbound. Two years on and they haven’t softened. I was thinking of changing them for Deser foams but it sounds like these aren’t any better. :(
210bhp
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 210bhp »

Hi Tom

I have a single recaro sports seat with console if it helps. Sadly not a pair.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

Tp81 wrote:
That sounds like the right plan, if the look you want is original sports seats. Or just eat some more pies so you squish the foam a bit more.
(If you wanted the lightweight bucket look, options open up, not least because they are narrow hence can be easily mounted lower).
visualfx
I luv DDK!

Post by visualfx »

All the replacement foam sets used by all on early sport Recaro's and reproductions are produced by the same manufacture and are a closed cell foam. The originals are an open cell hence softer and more forgiving.

You can have the base and centre foams reduced along with reducing the base webbing tension to accommodate the user, or better still have new centres and bases made in open cell which has been done in the past.

Garry