2.3 litre SS ultimate engine package and 911R parts

Please add Porsche parts and anything you wish to sell here (no commercial sales)

Moderator: Bootsy

amallagh
I need to get out more!

2.3 litre SS ultimate engine package and 911R parts

Post by amallagh »

Feels like a long time since I've been on DDk forum. Lot has changed in the last couple of years and good to get my head back above water :)

I had to cancel my 911R project just before the pandemic so I have the complete package of new lightweight engine (and gearbox if you want it) parts to make an ultimate spec 2.3 litre short stroke based on a 2.0 mag case. Everything is new unless I mention otherwise in list below.
The list is long and and it just needs assembling. All the components are top notch and no expense spared.
It starts with a 2.0 mag case. I bought loads of early cases (>5) and this one is the very best you will find anywhere. It has been fully checked and tested.
Here are just a selection of the parts -
PMO Carburettors, linkages, tall manifolds & K&N filters set up for this engine spec
Perfect checked original 66mm crank - never ground/no wear
86mm JE coated and lightened pistons
86mm Biral barrel set including half mooning (matched to above)
Full set of cyclinder shims and gaskets
Full set of intercylinder tinware & clips
TRW inlet & sodium filled exhaust valves 40/46
Top spec lightened & balanced Maxspeed rods with ARP T-19 bolts
Engine oil cooler
Racing valve spring kit (everything in the engine good for >8000rpm)
Ti valve retainers and uprated seats
Perfect selected forged rocker set x12
DC40 cams, nuts and washers (if you wanted hotter cams then happy to leave this bit out - These cams are perfect for a very hot road or rally set up)
Selected set of original 2.2/2.4 heads, cam carriers and perfectly flat mag cam/rocker covers, chain boxes/covers and all timing gear, intermediate shaft, sump baffles, sump plate and other parts - all original parts carefully selected and checked
Uprated oil pump - later model original
Very rare 0R magnesium die cast fan case, fan & original alternator
Hardened alloy crank pulley
Chain tensioner collars
Honey fibreglass K&N filter hats

I sought out the best components from both sides of the Atlantic over a period of a few years with no expense spared.
This engine package is £16.5k - I have all the original prices I paid 2-5 years ago and this is a lot less than I paid, never mind the fact that I got very competitive prices originally and prices have risen since then.

In addition I have a bunch of 911R or special early 911 lightweight hotrod stuff including the following. Some of it is quite unique.
- 911R front wings with full lights and steel headlight bowls - EB Motorsport - £1750
- 911R front & rear bumpers with integrated lightweight aluminium mounting brackets as per original steel bumper shapes, plus anodised aluminium L brackets for the front - a work of art - £950
- 911R rear 1/4 windows - £560
- 911 hotrod Brembo front calipers/pins/clips & Porterfield R4 pads - all specially prepared and painted to look like the original steel calipers. These are the only uprated and lightweight alloy calipers available for the early strut bolt mount spacing (They were period fitment on some Alfas in the 1970s). They have some piston size and pads as the 911S alloy calipers (so similar breaking) but with the earlier 2.5 inch bolt spacing - £1400
- 911 front discs to match the above - £110
- Ultimate lightweight Porsche 911 '69-'84 alloy rear calipers & pads only 1.28kg each compared to 2.8kg each for the std M rear calipers but crucially with the exact same stopping power so balanced perfectly with the fronts as they need to be. Finished in special anodised finish to look like steel calipers and comes with same Porterfield R4 pads. £1100
- 911 rear discs to match the above - £135
- Bespoke engine & gearbox oil cooler kit for early car without need for full length pipes down the side of the car and the massive thermostat and wing mounted cooler. It is designed to give forced air cooling for both engine and gearbox in a neat integrated package with a big weight saving and mounted completely out of sight above the gearbox. Kit includes engine and gearbox oil coolers, cowl, fan, thermostat, fan thermoswitch and gearbox oil pump plus some fittings - £700 - if this interests you then give me a call. I have just bunged this one on ebay so far with as much detail as I think anyone needs. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255373035234 I can also supply with all the aeroquip hose and fittings of your choice depending on how exactly you choose to fit it. This Item Now Sold

If you are interested in find out more then PM me and we can have a chat.
Cheers
Andrew
Last edited by amallagh on Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
'72 914/6GT (first love!)
'66 SWB 911 (now sold but still prostituting itself as a rally car rental for HERO)
'73 911 2.7RS
'73 911 2.8RSR (some time in the near future)
'67 911R 2.0 twin plug (sometime, maybe, never?)
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Re: 2.3 litre short stroke ultimate engine package 911R /hot

Post by IanM »

amallagh wrote:- Ultimate lightweight Porsche 911 '69-'84 alloy rear calipers & pads only 1.28kg each compared to 2.8kg each for the std M rear calipers but crucially with the exact same stopping power so balanced perfectly with the fronts as they need to be. Finished in special anodised finish to look like steel calipers and comes with same Porterfield R4 pads. £1050
Do you have further details and pictures about that?

Thanks.
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

IanM wrote:
amallagh wrote:- Ultimate lightweight Porsche 911 '69-'84 alloy rear calipers & pads only 1.28kg each compared to 2.8kg each for the std M rear calipers but crucially with the exact same stopping power so balanced perfectly with the fronts as they need to be. Finished in special anodised finish to look like steel calipers and comes with same Porterfield R4 pads. £1050
Do you have further details and pictures about that?

Thanks.
No problem Ian. I'll send you a PM
'66 SWB 911 (now sold but still prostituting itself as a rally car rental for HERO)
'73 911 2.7RS
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

Bespoke engine & gearbox oil cooler kit is now sold, but if anyone is interested in another set then I do have all the parts bar the fan which I can tell you the SPAL model so you can simply buy one yourself.
'73 911 2.7RS
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Re: 2.3 litre SS ultimate engine package and 911R parts

Post by amallagh »

One last chance to get this unique package of parts before I split it up and sell individually for a lot more than the breakdown prices on here. I already have potential takers for many of the parts individually but would prefer to sell as a package.
I will offer to anyone at the same price as I offered to someone on DDk who I thought was going to go ahead, until they had a change of direction today.
£20k for everything in first post above (excl. the bespoke cooler package which has sold) No offers please. This is an absolute steal.
I will hold this for 24hrs from how before splitting it up. Please, no dreamers, but if you are serious and have the money to buy then I am happy to answer any questions.
Cheers
Andrew
'73 911 2.7RS
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
rattytat
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by rattytat »

Hi Andrew,

Not sure where you're at with the above, but if you decide to split I might have an interest in the pmo carburettors, linkages and manifolds etc. Can I ask which spec PMO carbs you have please - 40s or 46s? And whether or not you'd be willing to sell separately?

Thanks

Dave
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

Hi Dave, still wanting to sell as a matched package.
Regards
Andrew
'73 911 2.7RS
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
rattytat
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by rattytat »

Thanks Andrew, understood. Please let me know if anything changes and you decide to split, but out of interest are the PMOs 40s or 46s?
Regards
Dave
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

40s
'73 911 2.7RS
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
rattytat
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by rattytat »

Thanks...