Anti Oil Withdrawal filters?

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Anti Oil Withdrawal filters?

Post by neilbardsley »

I was buying a new filter for my Type 4 engine and came across a discussion about the Mahle filter allowing oil to drain out but the Bosch filter retaining oil. I understand this is useful because the oil leads directly to the bearing so having some oil in the filter is good? However, didn't understand how the oil would drain out as the filter on the type 4 is at the bottom of the engine so oil can't drain upwards?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Anti Oil Withdrawal filters?

Post by Bruce M »

Exactly :)
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Anti Oil Withdrawal filters?

Post by neilbardsley »

I bought both filters by accident. I think I prefer the Bosch filter because you can get a spanner on the end.ImageImageImage

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP