9" Fuchs

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

Yellow491
Married to the DDK

Re: 9" Fuchs

Post by Yellow491 »

Great looking car that,the presenter seems to be good unlike alot of the other twits!
Nice wheels!,it should command a good price,imagine the build cost today.
Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Darren65 »

Yellow491 wrote:Great looking car that,the presenter seems to be good unlike alot of the other twits!
Nice wheels!,it should command a good price,imagine the build cost today.
My thoughts exactly 8)
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

964RS wrote:If new ones are available and affordable that is the route I would go knowing what a nightmare it is balancing wide fuchs and getting original wheels to run straight....

Are these for front or back?
Running 8's & 9's Jason so for the rear.

I think I'm inclined to go new.......I have found two nice sets available which isn't bad considering I only thought about this on Thursday. One set about £1000 over new cost and the others a touch more, if anyone is looking please let me know. There's obviously the refurb cost to consider too but I expect I'm doing that with new wheels anyway.

Although rare there's obviously a number of wheels around and, like with Paul and Raymond, being saved for another day. And that makes sense, I'm doing the same with a pair of 7R's.

Thanks for the replies, feedback and messages. All very much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Olex
DDK Newbie

Post by Olex »

Darren, apologies if I'm jumping in, but I am really interested in your search for original 9" Fuchs. I rarely post on DDK (due to lack of time), albeit I have spoken to Kirk, Dave (Stretch) and Mike I think in the past re: other OEM stuff.

Some years ago I ended up buying 3 sets of wheels from a very nice guy who owned a 906, which some of you may recognise, amongst other exotic race cars. The haul included a set of '65 7" American Racing TTR's (Ford Mustang PCD) which I intended to sell but still have, a set of 7" & 9" Fuchs, and a set of Miura Magnesium sand cast wheels which I let go a few years back. All in nice condition.
The 9's still have the Avon tyres on and are stamped 911 361 020 03, and dated 3 71. The 7's are later 911 361 020 11, 1970's. I have kept them in the hope of one day doing an '71/'72 ST similar to Dave's (if only!), but have never found the right shell.

Firstly I wondered if anybody with more knowledge could shed light on the date stamp? I originally thought the stamp being early for 9's could only mean they were for ST fitment in 71? but also, and the reason for the post, I may be willing to let them go, if I could work out what would be a fair and realistic price for them. As I am looking for a '67/'68 2.0 engine, I could do with a contribution towards that.

Apologies for the pics but I could only upload 2. Can send more by PM if of interest.

Regards
Dorian
Attachments
Porsche 7A.jpg
Porsche 2.JPG
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Those are very early 9's - I've seen others with the same 3/'71 date codes but never anything earlier.

They were available from the Factory's Race Dept in early '71 so theoretically could have been bought by anyone at that time.

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by stretch »

Hi Dorian, i remember trying to buy these from you years ago. :)

I found a set in Germany for Kirk's ST. Maybe he will chime in on price. I think they were a good buy as he flew to Germany and put them in a suitcase and flew back with them. :)
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Olex
DDK Newbie

Post by Olex »

Many thanks Andy that is real helpful in justifying my concerns over the date stamp. I also did'n't know you could just buy direct from the Factory Race Dept. back in the day either. Are there any available records confirming wide wheel manufacturing dates?

Hi Dave, unfortunately the shell I was looking at, around the time I spoke to you last, became 'unavailable', so the ST plans got shelved. Having seen your superb work, I am not sure my efforts would be able to achieve such a high standard, and perhaps to do them justice my wheels would have been best placed on your car in hindsight...maybe on your next car :wink:

Cheers
D