Porsche Pilgrimage (video)

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

willbrown
I luv DDK!

Re: Porsche Pilgrimage (video)

Post by willbrown »

8) Great film and I love the ingenious use of simple equipment. here's what the guy said about camera fixings, sound etc.

"Thanks for watching and commenting. I thought I'd get views in the hundreds if I was lucky this is all a bit MAD, but It's made me plan the sequel, its gunna be awesome ;)
Cameras, well the wide shots attached to the car are all GoPro Hero2, I had 1, there cheep now and way way good enough for youtube, the footage in hand is from my iPhone 5. that was it camera wise. Oh... edited on adobe premier.
However I knew the important thing was sound so I bought a cheep £8 clip-on mic online, I only used it with the GoPro, the sound from the iPhone was fine, The GoPro has a water resistant clear box which acts as the base for all the suckers etc, but it ruins the sound, so I drilled a hole were the mic jack is. All the engine sounds were with the mic on the sun visor as I had trouble with wind noise every ware else, actually you see me with the mic in-hand before I drive off at end of the swiss carb rebuild, in that shot the GoPro was on a little tiny bendy legged tripod it's got legs that wrap around stuff and magnetic feet, I also used this to magnetise to the car body above the filthy float bowls on the carbs, it was useful, but nowhere near good enough for driving shots, Suckers are the way to go and clean the surface first.
I have just bought 2 more Heros2's and suckers.
Sound was the hardest bit, I will work harder on sound on the sequel.
Go Film - Go Drive
Thanks again Chris"
'72 2.4S Targa
mrk
DDK rules my life!

Re: Porsche Pilgrimage (video)

Post by mrk »

Part 3 ever materialise?... just watched 1 & 2 again after they popped up on my YouTube feed... still great. Fab noise that car made!
Best

Matt

2015 Bowler Defender #50
BMW M3 Touring
BMW X3