Luftgekühlt - UK - 29 July 2018 - Tickets are Live!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Luftgekühlt - UK - 29 July 2018 - Tickets are Live!

Post by left4dead »

Really enjoyed that; terrific event & a marvellous setting (despite having to wear long trousers on a weekend since for the first time since May). I probably wouldn't have gone had it been 37 degrees.

I was driven up in the '56 Largo Green 356A - rear end in the photos below - and I drove back without once using the wipers (great stuff that Rain X).

Bravo to Ollie Crossthwaite for driving up from Tunbridge Wells in this Speedster sans roof (although he put it up for the journey back):
Ferry Man wrote:Image
Great to catch up with Sarah, Ollie, Darren, Nigel, Simon B, Delwyn, Feroz & John Brewer - really want that patinated Roadster - and thanks, as always, for the photos Paul (how you managed to 'remove' all the people from your shots I'll never know - you must have such patience...).

Good to meet you VWgillybilly (Aaron) - glad we made your day :wink: 8)

Thanks for inviting me Richard and thanks to Jeff for having me on your insurance policy - such a privilege to be able to drive one of the nicest RHD 356As in existence - so, so glad I got it back in one piece.
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
DustyM
I need to get out more!

Post by DustyM »

great pictures as usual Paul, thanks for braving the weather to report :cheers:
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Great pics Paul, real shame the weather was being so British about things.

Somehow missing that warm glow of the Cali sunshine. Need an Insta filter or two ;)
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

Completely agree it was a terrific event with loads of interesting cars, well organised and a great location.

Thought it was good turnout, despite the crap weather, and really good to catch up with everyone.

Paul's photo's capture the mood perfectly as always. Well worth going!
mrk
DDK rules my life!

Post by mrk »

jonno1 wrote:My dodgy iPhone photos.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100516929 ... 9189960024

A fun morning despite the weather.
Great photo’s, thanks for making the right choice and getting wet! (and Ferry Man).

Sort of ‘followed’ it on Instagram a bit during the morning....looked great.

Would’ve loved to have gone...but even if my car was currently on the road (I bought a ticket) I know what a wuss I am and would’ve stayed snug at home.

Great photos, hope they do it again.
Best

Matt

2015 Bowler Defender #50
BMW M3 Touring
BMW X3
decapman
DDK slapper chatter

Post by decapman »

Sorry to miss the event as out of the country on holiday
Maybe they should have re named it wassergekuhlt
Marcus
1967 RHD 911S
1958 Fiat Abarth Zagato 750 Competition Corsa
1956 356a "die Ratte"
1972 Mercedes 280S
2014 BMW X3 2.0SE
1974 914 2.0
992 C2S
1955 Continental Cabriolet
1968 Citroen DS21
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

decapman wrote:Maybe they should have re named it wassergekuhlt
:lol: :lol: Chapeau. Shame you missed it (although think the weather probably better at Lake Garda). Hope the organisers thought it worthwhile and worth repeating.
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
danny
DDK forever

Post by danny »

Great photos Ferry Man & jonno1 8)

After all that driving in the rain it's time to relax :drunken:

'67 912
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

jonno1 wrote:My dodgy iPhone photos.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100516929 ... 9189960024

A fun morning despite the weather.
I thought Michael May Spyder was the star of the show until I noticed that the blue Spyder had been driven there

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
danny
DDK forever

Post by danny »

'67 912
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

I enjoyed that - great cars and good to catch up with a few folk.
Would have enjoyed it a lot more had the weather been kind. Such bad luck, hope it doesn't dissuade the organisers from doing it again in the UK.

Couple of my pics:

And a few more here:
https://www.instagram.com/safetycolours/

Cheers, Richard.
kvinyl
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kvinyl »

Lightweights :P

I couldn't miss this - a 2am ferry coupled with a seven hour drive to attend. Yes, it was wet but made it all the more apt for a UK event I think. First time for myself to experience Bicester Heritage, what a fantastic venue for an event like this. Quality of cars on display was excellent as was the positioning of cars in the environment, it felt like a great deal of thought was given to the setting / siting of each one ...little details like the 93 building number above the Riviera Blue 993 RS, the green background to the Viper Green S, etc, etc...:bounce:
1958 Ghia Lowlight 2.4L FI Supercharged
1959 356A
1968 911 SWB (project)
1993 911 3.6 Turbo
2005 E55 AMG Estate
ditchvisitor
DDK addict

Post by ditchvisitor »

Excellent day out and great to meet some fellow DDKers courtesy of Feroz, has completely made my mind up to get something aircooled back in the garage, preferably ST in shape and in a silly colour!

KVinyl, it was great to catch up and have a good chat about all things aircooled ( and watercooled!!!!)
Dougieboy1
I luv DDK!

Post by Dougieboy1 »

2 hrs there, 3 hrs back courtesy of the M25 traffic around the M3. Got an answer to 'how big can my rear tyres be on 7R's' - seems 215 x 70 is the magic number based on the F reg silver 911 - i think it had 7's and not 7Rs but a wider spacer. Got a nice T shirt and poster. It was so windy and wet, i found it difficult to manipulate my camera and brolly at the same time, plus i am a crap photographer so i figured someone else would take better photos - see above.... No shots of the coolest car there though, a rusty as f**k silver (ish) S targa.... and when i say rusty, i mean holes type rust.....250% patina, and driven there by the looks of things...
1972 911S
1944 VW Schwimmwagen (originally a Porsche typ128, eventually VW166)
A bunch of other crap (according to my wife)
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

It was great as ever to catch up with people and especially nice to meet old friends who I hadn't seen in years :)

I have to admit I was thinking what a load of pretentios bollocks as the organisers held up those queuing to get in for an age (potentially fouling my plugs! :? ) as they decided who parked where and in what order and my angst may have caused me to mishear my own particular instructions although I've no doubt the attention to detail will lead to a fabulous production and the images to follow will be flawless.

The organisers did a great job in a pretty neat location and whilst there's no need to compare it led me to think how lucky and spoilt we've been with Hedingham over the years which for me remains the pinnacle of what a static early Porsche enthusiast meet is all about.........albeit without the slick photography.

Overall, despite the weather, a great few hours spent in good company with some nice machinery although personally I'd rather be out driving and dare say the upcoming Flat 4 Drive will be a much cooler meet.

It's a shame the Great British weather p!ssed on the Luftgekühlt parade but huge thanks to the organisers for coming :thumbright:

Cheers,