What price a 914 with an MOT?

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
swapped
DDK slapper chatter

What price a 914 with an MOT?

Post by swapped »

Can I ask please for your collective expertise on the value of my 914?

Some of you might know the car from these forums - it's a 1972 1.7; not original in many respects, but with some nice bits and ripe for a rolling restoration, I suppose.

Having walked past it for a couple of (OK, several) years, when moving house and all that other stuff took precedence, I got fed up of it looking longingly at me and decided to MOT it - I know they become less important next year, but it's still a broad measure of road-worthiness, yes?

I had a small pile of new parts collected, so I worked my way through fitting them and it passed on Saturday morning - pictures taken waiting for the MOT station to open at 8am.

New (refurbished) front BMW calipers, new seals on the rear calipers, new H4 headlights, new poly mounts on the engine and gearbox, some new push rod seals and some tinkering to get things like the pneumatic washers and the hand brake working properly resulted in a fresh pass.

Given that I haven't driven it for a shocking six years before this week, I have to think it's time to sell.

Thank you,

Carl

gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: What price a 914 with an MOT?

Post by gridgway »

Depends on condition. How rusty is it? If it's not rusty and generally working, 7k sounds low.

My 2.0 which was in reasonable nick, had no rust to speak of, mechanically good went for 12.

Graham
jackstowers
DDK rules my life!

Post by jackstowers »

Got to be double figures with a years MOT
David

1973 914 zambezi green
1972 911T (lhd 71E engine)sadly sold
swapped
DDK slapper chatter