1973 Datsun 240Z

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

1973 Datsun 240Z

Post by MikeB »

OK Gents, seeing how there seems to be a following for the Zs on DDK, you are getting first cut at my '73 240.

I have had the car for nearly 4 years and spent a lot of time and ££s on getting it is great running order. It's a genuine UK RHD car, not a converted import, the history file indicates that it was restored in the late 1990s and was then treated to a further refresh and re-spray in 2009. It featured in Classics magazine in Jan 2003 as a prime example of a 240Z. The metalwork is therefore in great condition, there are no panels that need replacing, the chrome and rubbers are all good, all the electrics work, apart from the rear screen demister. I fitted Lokari wheel arch inserts when I bought the car and repainted the underside of the tub. Mechanically the car is perfect, the engine was rebuilt in 2013, the 5 speed box snicks through the gears, the synchros are all working fine. The suspension has been fitted with upgraded rubbers and it was converted to coil-overs during the 90s restoration.

As you may know I have used the car in a couple of hillclimbs, it has done Craigantlet twice and the Manx Classic events, it took class wins and holds class records. It has some modifications to make it a sportier drive and more reliable.

The engine is the correct 2993cc engine, std bottom end, good to 7000rpm, head has been skimmed, lightly ported and fitted with competition valve springs. It has a Stage 2 Piper cam, idles smoothly, the exhaust system is a MSA one with manifold and large bore pipes. The Hitachi SU carbs have been rejetted to suit, these are the early style domed top carbs, which are the preferred ones for power. The ignition has been changed to the later 280ZX electronic distributor, another recognised 240 tweek. A Quaife ATB diff has been fitted, and the coil springs have been uprated. MSA strut bars front and rear and the alloy wheels are Compomotive 7 x 15 fitted with 205/60 tyres. The braking system has a Wilwood pressure adjustment valve on the rear system. The electrics have had two upgrades, with the dynamo being replaced by a MSA alternator kit and the headlamps are now wired through a relay system.

The car starts easily, drives well in traffic and eats the tarmac when required to. It is currently MoT'd until January, it has always sailed through without any issues. As you can see it I have kept it looking as standard and classic as possible.

This is a rare chance to get a proper RHD UK 240Z that is in fantastic order.

£32,000

Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
PSut
DDK forever

Re: 1973 Datsun 240Z

Post by PSut »

Absolutely love this car, good luck with the sale