Germany - Low emmission Zones

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

hot66

Post by hot66 »

Anyone know if our pre-73 cars are exempt from the low emission zones in & around stuttgart ?

This appears to say we are ??

The following are legally exempt from the driving ban and are not, therefore, required to display a sticker:

10. Classic cars (in accordance with Paragraph 2, No. 22 of the German Vehicle Registration Regulations) which have a licence plate in accordance with Paragraph 9, Section 1 or Paragraph 17 of the Vehicle Registration Regulations, and vehicles registered in another member state of the European Union, another contractual party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Turkey, if they fulfil equivalent requirements.
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Germany - Low emmission Zones

Post by Nick Moss »

It only affect German registered cars.
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
hot66

Post by hot66 »

nick-moss wrote:It only affect German registered cars.
so no stickers needed for our DDK cars to visit Zuffenhausen ? I didn't bother last time, but would rather not get us all fined in July
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

early_911
DDK forever

Post by early_911 »

This suggests you need one (talks about 'foreign vehicles') :
https://www.berlin.de/labo/kfz/dienstle ... hop.en.php

http://www.german-way.com/driving-envir ... zones.html

What a pian in the arse . . . I'd probably just wing it and plead ignorance.

Phil
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

So I think cars coming from the UK are ok, and this is the info I got regarding my car:

Classic cars "Oldtimer" with a historic registration are allowed to drive through any emission zone.
They've got an exception permit.

BUT - the vehicle must be classified as historic with the "H" at the end of the number plate.
If not - 40€ + 1 entry in the "register of traffic offenders".

Funny but typical bureaucracy:
You have no permission to use a 2002 Audi A4 1,9TDI with a yellow emission sticker (EURO 3) in Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg, etc.,
but you can do this trip with a 1982 Trabant registered as historic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xsoyuAceVM

Cheers
Chris
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

From the TUV site. I was wrong in my assertion that it doesn't affect foreign vehicles!

Low Emission Zone/ Environmental Badges in Germany

For the improvement of air quality in zones with particular exposure to fine particles, such as city centres, some main roads or traffic junctions, local authorities and cities in Germany are decreeing a traffic ban.
The first “environmental zones“ were established on January 1st 2008, further zones with follow over the course of the next year. These environmental zones can be identified by road signs and only vehicles bearing an environmental badge may drive there.
Here we have compiled a list of the most important questions and answers regarding the topic of emissions stickers.

What kinds of different stickers are available?
Emissions stickers are available in red, yellow and green according to the particulate emission of your vehicle. Green means that you can drive carefree in all environmental zones throughout Germany.
All petrol-driven cars with an exhaust emission standard of Euro 1 or equivalent receive a green sticker. Vehicles without an emissions sticker are not permitted to drive in any low emission/ environment zone.

Where can I get a sticker and how do I know which one I need?
Stickers can be purchased from all TÜV stations. A TÜV expert will be able to tell you which badge you need from your vehicle registration certificate. Here you will find the vehicle key that will provide you with information concerning emission class. You can either purchase the sticker at a TÜV STATION or order it from our web site.

Where are emissions stickers valid?
The emissions stickers are valid throughout Germany. You can find all current environment zones on our web page.

Will I have to renew the sticker?
No, the validity period of the sticker is unlimited. You will only have to renew the sticker if you move house and acquire a new licence plate. The licence plate number must be the same as the number on the emissions sticker.

What happens if I drive in an low emission/ environmental zone without a sticker?
This is a regulatory offence and costs 40 Euros. If you possess a German driving licence you will additionally incur 1 point, which will be registered at the Federal Office of Motor Transport.

What if I come from another country? Do I still need a sticker?
If you come from another country and drive in or through identified environmental zones then your vehicle must have an emissions sticker. You can acquire one of these at your nearest TÜV STATION or from a TÜV partner establishment, or alternatively you can order it from our website.

Where do I attach the sticker?
Attach the sticker to the windscreen so that it can be seen with ease, but so that it does not block the view of the driver. It is best to do this from the inside on the passenger side, at the bottom right.

Who is not affected by the fine particle regulations?

Mopeds, light motorcycles, motorbikes, motor scooters and motor vehicles with only three wheels
Agriculture and forestry tractors
Mobile machines and devices
Work machines
Ambulances and medical vehicles identified with “Arzt Notfalleinsatz“ (Emergency Doctor)
Motor vehicles for the severely disabled whose disabled person’s passes are marked with “aG“, “H“ or “BI“
Vintage cars with an H sign or with a red “07 number“

You can order here.
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
hot66

Post by hot66 »

It appears that would be the case with a modern .... In theory if we can prove we are driving classics we should be ok ?????
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

hot66 wrote:It appears that would be the case with a modern .... In theory if we can prove we are driving classics we should be ok ?????

Yes :)

Keine Feinstaubplaketten benötigen:

Oldtimer (gemäß § 2 Nr. 22 der Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung - FZV -)
die ein Kennzeichen nach § 9 Abs. 1 oder § 17 der Fahrzeug - Zulassungsverordnung führen, sowie Fahrzeuge,
die in einem anderen Mitgliedsstaat der Europäischen Union, einer anderen Vertragspartei des Abkommens
über den Europäischen Wirtschaftsraum oder der Türkei zugelassen sind, wenn sie gleichwertige Anforderungen erfüllen.

Quick translation:

No emission sticker required:

Classic Cars that are registered as historic and those from abroad which fulfill the same conditions as EU-standard.

In simple words: It is free to drive with UK classic cars in German emission zones:
http://www.tuev-sued.de/auto_fahrzeuge/ ... ubplakette

Chris
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

Which is what I thought and wrote initially, but then found that TUV site with no apparent let out in the English language section
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk