Car Storage Outside

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Car Storage Outside

Post by neilbardsley »

http://www.carcoon.co.uk/outdoor-carcoo ... urope.html

I've seen this discussed a couple of times before on the forum but I have to store my car outside I see that Carcoon has a product. However, I've seen comments that it isn't great for greating in and out of. I wonder what are the running costs and maybe in the long run I should just build a garage? However, I may have issues with the neighbours since we are link attached.
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Nige

Re: Car Storage Outside

Post by Nige »

They look a pain in the a*s of you use the car on a weekly basis, maybe less so on a monthly basis. If it's in view of passerby's I'd imagine it could attract the wrong attention, I'd be tempted to spend the money on some timber, a sturdy roof panel system and build a car port with the long sides enclosed if possible. You can then at least get around the car to wash it, do repairs, etc.

Also I would expect you would need to make sure the car is clean and dry before carcooning it, which is another pain in the a*s.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

you can put the car away wet in a normal carcoon as it does dry the car with the air passing over it ..... I have an indoor one, but havn't used it for over 3 years ..... pain in the arse to get the car in & out + it stops you tinkering / fettling as you really really can't be arsed to get the car out just to do a little job on it etc.

I've also found my timber garage, which isn't sealed so still has airflow & can breathe, + a dehumidifier running , protects the car better ( don't get any rust build up on the discs + paper documents I store in the garage stay crisp & dry too
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Nige

Post by Nige »

Just to echo James' point you can't beat a drafty timber garage.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Sorry I should of added that we have a car port. Since the rear bedroom of the property is attached to the property behind and this forms a car port. I've been thinking of whether it's possible to enclose this area since one side of the car port is the neighbours wall.
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

hot66 wrote:....my timber garage, which isn't sealed so still has airflow & can breathe, + a dehumidifier running.....
That's 2 of us trying to dehumidify North Yorkshire then! :lol:
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Mick Cliff wrote:
hot66 wrote:....my timber garage, which isn't sealed so still has airflow & can breathe, + a dehumidifier running.....
That's 2 of us trying to dehumidify North Yorkshire then! :lol:
:lol: .. with our weather we need all the help we can get to create the Costa de Yorkshire :lol:
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)